men spotted with metal detectors on Malvern Hills

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
Puffin
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Mark one gray matter

men spotted with metal detectors on Malvern Hills

Post by Puffin »

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/139 ... ern_Hills/

THE protectors of the Malvern Hills are pleading with people to stop metal detecting on the site before "irreplaceable" archaeology is damaged forever.

The plea comes after two men were spotted with metal detectors and shovels on the ancient hills earlier this month.

The Malvern Hills Conservators received a report from members of the public of two men roaming on the slopes of Pinnacle Hill on October 12.
Deus, XP GMP, CS 4Pi, Canon 450d, Garmin GPS, PAS Self Recorder.
Hamster Count 55. Then so far this year 0 to the Deus.
Denarius Count 7. Then so far this year 0.

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Re: men spotted with metal detectors on Malvern Hills

Post by Old Git John »

When oh when will this kind of practice ever stop ? Stupid question ?, maybe, but we have to
do all we can to stop it.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

Donnydave
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

I was checking my Facebook pages the other day when I noticed one "friend" talking to another "friend" friend being loosely used in Facebook talk :g58: The first "friend was saying he was out at night when he noticed some lights further down the lane, which made him and his mate jump down a 12 foot dike :g43: After a period of time he left his detector and approached the lights, he said it was just 4 more "Hawks" :shock: I immediately replied and told him my views on nighthawking and what a dopey trick to advertise on open Facebook if only amongst "friends". I then "unfriended" him and the lady he was talking too, these people by the way are in Lincolnshire. The next morning my club organiser said " I heard you had been talking to S B last night :g43: He then asked me again at the Charity dig Sunday , and asked me what had been said? I told him him my comment as above, but did not know what had been said later because of unfriending him. It seems there was some barny went off online, but the organiser only heard from other club members, and he has been dropped from our club list :g58:

omegamike
Main Detector: Minelab GPX4800

Post by omegamike »

What gets on my pip is 'they were spotted' - Why in gods name didn't anyone call the police to turn the 'spotting' into an arrest??? Doh :g64:

Donny - admission of hawking is all the police need to issue a warrant and search his property. I suggest you report it ASAP. And don't take any crap from the police - it's THEIR duty as public servants to investigate heritage theft and trespass. Also liaise with your FLO on who to report it to as far as archies are concerned - lets see if they put their money where their mouth is? If the police and PAS can't do anything then I'm afraid the 'we are doing our best' is just a damp squid and all hot air ?
Swing till you drop...... if in doubt - DIG IT!!

Old Git John
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

Two good posts, I do have to agree with Mikes comments about the police. Something must be done, always.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

Return to “LATEST NEWS”