Cheaper close up Pictures EOS 450d

Puffin
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Mark one gray matter

Cheaper close up Pictures EOS 450d

Post by Puffin »

I've been playing with close up filters on my Canon EOS 450d.
BTC_2010_03_16_4002.JPG
BTC_2010_03_16_4002.JPG (119.19 KiB) Viewed 6530 times
BTC_2010_03_16_4003.JPG
BTC_2010_03_16_4003.JPG (116.37 KiB) Viewed 6530 times
These images are un cropped, the first is at maximum zoom on the Canon kit len 18-55mm. I read in the manual that you have a minimum 25cm focus distance with this lense. This really means 25cm from the image sensor within the camera. Look on the top of the camera to the left of the flash hot shoe for a circle with a line. This tells you where the sensor is within the camera. So thats 25cm from this mark or about 10cm from the front of the lense. Pretty good so far. Now because this is a 12MP camera, you can crop the image to reduce the image size with a good number of software packages.Click Here This means you can crop out most of the extra space around the image, effectively getting a closer shot of the object.

Sometime ago I picked up some close up filters for my Fuji bridge camera, they never worked to well. They just screw onto the front of the lens as you would with standard filters. I was sat thinking about it and wondered if I could use these filters on my Canon. I ended up buying an adaptor ring as the thread size was different. Canon 58mm, fuji 46mm. These are only a few quid.Click Here The total cost was less then £30 instead of £300 odd for a dedicated Macro lens.

Close up lens sets Click Here

The filters come in sets of three, and you can stack then together into one or use one at a time. The company at the end of this link is very good, delivery within a couple of days. These allow you to get that much closer to the object without paying a new mortgage for glass.
Deus, XP GMP, CS 4Pi, Canon 450d, Garmin GPS, PAS Self Recorder.
Hamster Count 55. Then so far this year 0 to the Deus.
Denarius Count 7. Then so far this year 0.

john wright
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
Main Detector: XP Deus..

Re: Cheaper close up Pictures EOS 450d

Post by john wright »

Good God are they sharp. :g38: :g38: :g38: ..Nice one Barry

Return to “Finds Photography Hints”