Why is it so hard to be honest?

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
Owen williams422
meble kuchenne warszawa

Re: Why is it so hard to be honest?

Post by Owen williams422 »

Just goes to show u can trust nobody in this world even the ppl who you would think should be the most,thus is very bad publicity for our hobby which gets a bad rap already not needed at all the guy should be ashamed of himself he has to get sacked he's a liar and a thief

Brianmo
Site Owner and Creator
Site Owner and Creator
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Brianmo »

For your information we found that the guy was on UKDN. He has now been well and truly binned :g63:
From Brian & Mo' Cross
Creators of UK DETECTOR NET FORUM
http://www.forumukdetectornet.co.uk

popsandme
Finds Advisor - UKDN Supporter - Diamond
Main Detector: Nox 800

Post by popsandme »

Brian & Mo' wrote:For your information we found that the guy was on UKDN. He has now been well and truly binned :g63:
hurrah! :g16: :g16: :g16:
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.

Self recording on the PAS database..... Click Here
2022 Hammered = 5

Owen williams422

Post by Owen williams422 »

Well done hopefully the scumbag loses his job but in this day and age he'll prob get a bonus 2weeks off and tea and cakes on his return lol

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

popsandme wrote:
Brian & Mo' wrote:For your information we found that the guy was on UKDN. He has now been well and truly binned :g63:
hurrah! :g16: :g16: :g16:

Fantastic news, congratulations on your swift action.
Owen williams422 wrote:Just goes to show u can trust nobody in this world even the ppl who you would think should be the most,thus is very bad publicity for our hobby which gets a bad rap already not needed at all the guy should be ashamed of himself he has to get sacked he's a liar and a thief
Owen, people can be trusted, especially the majority of detectorists, of which you are one.
The offender will lose his job, and may become subject to another criminal trial, ending with a
further custodial sentence. It would be nice to see more of the positive thinking being
posted in this thread, showing very clearly how abhorant his crimes, and those of others are
to the hobby as a whole. What he has done is, in reality worse than those who he was supposed to be protecting the public as a whole against, the HAWKERS, day or night. :g44:
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

:g50:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

jcmaloney
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by jcmaloney »

Would the coins not be the same as buying a stolen car? EG: The Police come round and take said car away to return it to the legal owner (its on the telly enough!) the buyer loses out as the seller has acted illegally?
In this case, if the coins were returned to the landowner, then they follow the normal Treasure process with the finders reward being redacted.

dig-it-pete
Finds Advisor & Moderator
Main Detector: Manticore

Post by dig-it-pete »

jcmaloney wrote:Would the coins not be the same as buying a stolen car? EG: The Police come round and take said car away to return it to the legal owner (its on the telly enough!) the buyer loses out as the seller has acted illegally?
In this case, if the coins were returned to the landowner, then they follow the normal Treasure process with the finders reward being redacted.
Exactly - this is the point I have been trying to make JC :g50:
Minelab Manticore

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney »

Its not very often I agree with Mr Barford but he has this pretty much spot on. http://paul-barford.blogspot.co.uk/2017 ... finds.html
If he has done this then the legitimacy of his other finds must be in doubt.***

***If its the same bloke, but its an unusual name in a relatively small hobby.

dig-it-pete
Main Detector: Manticore

Post by dig-it-pete »

jcmaloney wrote:Its not very often I agree with Mr Barford but he has this pretty much spot on. http://paul-barford.blogspot.co.uk/2017 ... finds.html
If he has done this then the legitimacy of his other finds must be in doubt.***

***If its the same bloke, but its an unusual name in a relatively small hobby.
Yes very interesting - I wonder if the police will follow up on any of those previous finds, I somehow doubt it unless they were sure of a conviction.

If Mr Barford reads the comments on this forum perhaps he will be reassured that we deplore this type of thing and would want people that break the law prosecuted as much as he would.
Minelab Manticore

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

jcmaloney wrote:Would the coins not be the same as buying a stolen car? EG: The Police come round and take said car away to return it to the legal owner (its on the telly enough!) the buyer loses out as the seller has acted illegally?

Technically NO, imagine this, you come out of your home and see a car parked across
the end of your drive, blocking you in. You go to the car, which clearly has nobody
in it,, and notice that the driver has not locked the car. You open the car, let off the handbrake, and push the vehicle a few feet, into the space just a little bit ahead. You
are in the process of locking the car, using the inside button, just as Mr Plod is driving
by. He stops and asks if it is your car, and you being an honest guy tell him that it is
not, you were just moving it in order to get your car out. To your utter amazement
he tells you that you are under arrest for the theft of the offending motor.

Everything in your mind tells you that this cannot be happening, but, IT REALLY CAN.
If you move another persons vehicle, without their permission, even if it is no more
that a few feet, you commit a criminal offence.

The item has not been removed as such, whereas the coins were removed, and then
disposed of illegally. The chances are that the coins will never be recovered, having
been sold on more than once by now.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

popsandme
Main Detector: Nox 800

Post by popsandme »

Old Git John wrote:The chances are that the coins will never be recovered, having
when it comes to buying and selling, especially high value items, there is always a paper chain, and anyone uncooperative in giving the buyers details could be prosecuted for obstructing a police officer in the course of his/hers duties. :g58:
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.

Self recording on the PAS database..... Click Here
2022 Hammered = 5

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

popsandme wrote:
Old Git John wrote:The chances are that the coins will never be recovered, having
when it comes to buying and selling, especially high value items, there is always a paper chain, and anyone uncooperative in giving the buyers details could be prosecuted for obstructing a police officer in the course of his/hers duties. :g58:
I am fully aware of that, but, even a paper chain can be broken.

I was merely making a point illustrating theft in one of its forms.

Sunray
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Sunray »

Hey All

I have been reading these comments and other info via your links regarding the case of this "Unsavoury Scoundrel" :g10:

It seem Cockle was arrested :g50: way back in November 2015. [approximately Sixteen Months Ago]

The quote from the article in Click Here The Mirror it says:

“Cockle has been released on bail and will be sentenced on Wednesday 8 March 2017. He has been suspended since being charged in May 2016. He will now be subject to misconduct proceedings.”

So it seems it took "six months" from the time he was arrested to when he was charged which subsequently let to his suspension for "misconduct" in May 2016.

No doubt he was retained on either full pay [or something like] during this period. [Generosity of you know who]. :g64:

I do hope that he doesn't just get some kind of "lenient punishment" for his crime.

Thanks to the UKDN Word Magazine [Page 31 - March 2017 edition] for mentioning the case ... :g50:

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

Return to “LATEST NEWS”