Joint meeting in stance against heritage crime

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
oldfossil
meble kuchenne warszawa

Re: Joint meeting in stance against heritage crime

Post by oldfossil »

And another county where heritage Crime is invisible .... https://leics.police.uk/categories/rural-watch
As someone rightly said "this is getting boring"!!!!

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

oldfossil wrote:And another county where heritage Crime is invisible .... https://leics.police.uk/categories/rural-watch

Had you entered Heritage crime into the search this site box, you would have found details,
even on HOW YOU CAN HELP. It took all of 30 seconds to find.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

jcmaloney
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by jcmaloney »

oldfossil wrote:And another county where heritage Crime is invisible .... https://leics.police.uk/categories/rural-watch

You are Paul Barford & I claim my £10.

Time this very poorly structured "debate" was put to bed.... the protagonist can`t use Google and is being almost intentionally inflammatory with poorly based "facts". :g43:

IronRon
UKDN Silver Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by IronRon »

jcmaloney wrote:

You are Paul Barford & I claim my £10. It did cross my mind . :g43:

Time this very poorly structured "debate" was put to bed.... the protagonist can`t use Google and is being almost intentionally inflammatory with poorly based "facts". :g43:

oldfossil

Post by oldfossil »

jcmaloney wrote:

You are Paul Barford & I claim my £10.

The fact is that I am coming up with the facts time and time again.
Heritage Crime leaflets directed at landowners but not endorsed by them.
Heritaqe Crime leaflets mentioning everything but Night hawking
Rural Crime sites where night hawking doesnt merit a place on the list of rural crimes.
Obviously I am not Paul Barford, but I guess even he would be surprised by such omissions, and would also be asking why.
I guess at the end of the day we need our Hobby leaders to be seen to be proactive in stopping this scurge on our hobby. It's simply not good enough to suggest we should all go out with flash lights.
If you dont want to, or cant, debate sensibly JCM thats fine, and if you want to resort to insults ... thats fine ... but please dont expect me to join in!!! :g20: :g20: :g20:

oldfossil

Post by oldfossil »

Old Git John wrote:

Had you entered Heritage crime into the search this site box, you would have found details,
It sounds like my experience at Asda ... they weren't displaying the price of Beef stake ... the assistant explained that it was displayed .. on the website!! That is true!!
Needless to say the Manager was called and the young lad reprimanded!! hey ho.

Also try typing "night hawking" into the search this site box .... and you will get "No Results" as the manager said to the lad in Asda "Sometimes it doesn't pay to be too clever"!! :kissblow: :kissblow: Coz there is always some bright spark who is more clever!!!

Old Git John
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

oldfossil wrote:
Old Git John wrote:

It sounds like my experience at Asda ... they weren't displaying the price of Beef stake ... the assistant explained that it was displayed .. on the website!! That is true!!
Needless to say the Manager was called and the young lad reprimanded!! hey ho.

Also try typing "night hawking" into the search this site box .... and you will get "No Results" as the manager said to the lad in Asda "Sometimes it doesn't pay to be too clever"!! :kissblow: :kissblow: Coz there is always some bright spark who is more clever!!!
You are boring me now with your constant criticism of some very fine people on this great forum, who have devoted a great deal of their time in trying to make detecting as legitimate as it deserves to be, not least JC Maloney, who I have the greatest respect for.
Have you thought of contacting any one of the police forces mentioned, to raise
your concerns, and how violated you obviously feel by the fact that the term Night Hawks
has not been used, or how you feel that the farming community feels hurt by not being
given a fair crack of the whip ? I doubt it very much, and in fact feel that your only true
interest is to stir up trouble. Either PUT UP or SHUT UP.
I am now out of this thread which was started for entirely the correct reasons, and supported
by folk who actually care more than one iota about the subject.
Before I go, I would like to congratulate all of the good members who have kept their calm,
and posted sensible comments, and suggestions, and ask you just one simple question, what have you ever done, or said which could serve to bring the situation of "Hawking" to a long
and satisfactory solution ? From what I have read in this thread, the answer has to be NOTHING. If point of fact, you could only make things worse.

Finally, my sincere apologies to the owner, and every other member of UKDN, if anything I have said has caused offence.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

oldfossil

Post by oldfossil »

OGJ ... and for anyone else reading this thread ... I have not criticised anyone .... there has been a great debate as evidenced by some of the responders above. I have not been offensive to anyone, sadly I have had to take the brunt for my open, honest and genuinely held views. And to be honest OGJ I dont think JCM needs any nursemaiding, he is capable for standing up for himself, as you can easily see by his own candid and genuine replies. So no nursemaiding please.
As I have been at pains to say ... the photos are the photos, my observations of the leaflets are factual ... you can see for yourself.
I applaud your sentiments on folk keeping their calm, so maybe you would like to reflect for a minute or two on your own contributions, and those of others whom for some reason you are trying to protect... maybe its just another case of chasing shadows ... that may or may not be there.
At the end of the day the hobby still hasnt got a decent solution to the issue of night hawking, we are still chasing shadows, and my £10 would be on the guys not having a solution by 2057!!!

Its sad that you wont be responding to the above, as it seems you have taken yourself out of the debate. Where you did make positive contributions, and there were quite a few, I would like to thank-you for them. :g50:

Sunray
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Sunray »

:g37: As a total n00b - I can't really contribute to this debate [Is that the right word?] ...

:g58: But I can say I have read every word and I applaud the website owners and the mods for letting the thread run - :g30:

Its subjective posts, differing opinions and varied comments like these that help me to form an opinion of my own on subjects I previously knew bugger all about ...

:g38: Just don't make it too personal guys ...

*Keep Smiling*

PhilD
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: Makro Racer
Location: Saving North Yorks finds for future generations by recording with PAS

Post by PhilD »

Looks like Lincolnshire police are going to trial one and assess how many would be needed to cover the whole county;

http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2017/06/hi-t ... wide-roll/

Thermal camera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmtoThQUnjc

Crashes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRtVT7g ... 330.917617
Click here to register with PAS
Makro Racer / ATPro Inter / T2 / Explorer II / Ace 250 / Garrett Pro Pinpointer / Etrex 10 GPS /Lumix TZ60/PAS Records - Click here

IronRon

Post by IronRon »

It would be nice if you see a copper now & then.
Haven't seen one for ages..

Where have they all gone ?? :g43:

PhilD

Post by PhilD »

Tories had a lot to do with it Ron;

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/ju ... -haunt-her
Makro Racer / ATPro Inter / T2 / Explorer II / Ace 250 / Garrett Pro Pinpointer / Etrex 10 GPS /Lumix TZ60/PAS Records - Click here

IronRon

Post by IronRon »

Yes I agree phil ..
Don't start me of on politics. :hahaha:

PhilD

Post by PhilD »

:hahaha:

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

IronRon wrote:It would be nice if you see a copper now & then.
Haven't seen one for ages..

Where have they all gone ?? :g43:
Believe it or not I have been stopped and questioned twice by the police while detecting, checking up to see if I have permission and taking my details including my vehicle registration calling them in on there radio. To be honest I would rather they did this more often as I have nothing to hide, last autumn was the last time I experienced this....
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

Return to “LATEST NEWS”