Oak Island treasure hunter on quest for Royal gold

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
PhilD
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Makro Racer
Location: Saving North Yorks finds for future generations by recording with PAS

Oak Island treasure hunter on quest for Royal gold

Post by PhilD »

A TV treasure hunter from Lincolnshire is on a quest to find Royal jewels lost in the muds of The Wash 800 years ago..........

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/whats-o ... -1-8070471
Attachments
Screen Shot 07-25-17 at 09.51 AM.PNG
Screen Shot 07-25-17 at 09.51 AM.PNG (408.78 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
Click here to register with PAS
Makro Racer / ATPro Inter / T2 / Explorer II / Ace 250 / Garrett Pro Pinpointer / Etrex 10 GPS /Lumix TZ60/PAS Records - Click here

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Re: Oak Island treasure hunter on quest for Royal gold

Post by Old Git John »

Despite his successes over the years it is not easy to feel that he is as close as he thinks he is, however, his
skills behind a detector go without saying. So, what can we do ?, nothing but await any developments
which may come.
My very first rally was at Thornham, a huge round trip, from west Cornwall to the rally and back, it was
fabulous. But, there is a strange feeling I had whilst standing at the top of the first days field, which
has never left me. There was a wonderful view out, and over the Wash, with some great land, between
it, and the site of the rally. I was still very green as a detectorist, very green, but I could not get it out
of my mind that the area of the south end of the Wash would be a brilliant place to detect. I knew nothing
and yet had a feeling. I do hope this comes to fruition, and that the long lost treasure is finally unearthed,
filling another hole in our nation's past history, as did the discovery of Richard the third's burial place.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

PhilD

Post by PhilD »

Good luck to him John, it would rank way up there if he were lucky enough to find it :xmasbiggrin :xmasbiggrin :xmasbiggrin

A bit of nostalgia re Thornham for you, I was there too, was that muddy micks car in the field?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyaIdP2S ... ed&search=
Makro Racer / ATPro Inter / T2 / Explorer II / Ace 250 / Garrett Pro Pinpointer / Etrex 10 GPS /Lumix TZ60/PAS Records - Click here

oldfossil

Post by oldfossil »

Who writes these articles??
"His last visit to the UK saw him waist-deep in water at the Wash while taking part in an episode of Expedition Unknown called ‘England’s Vanished Crown Jewels’."
So it would be correct to say that its not only King John's crown jewels that got covered in the Wash???

kev woodward
Site Admin
Main Detector: XP Deus 1

Post by kev woodward »

I have lived and detected around the wash area for nearly thirty years so I know how hard it can be to find a site there. As far as this bloke is concerned he is making a TV programme first and the rest is just his hobby, he will not find it :g45:

Anyway, we all know around here that King John's Barons nicked the crown jewels when they poisoned him - the 'loss' in the Wash was a convenient cover story, knowing that no one would ever be able to prove it to be false. :g50:
I have become comfortably numb

IronRon
UKDN Silver Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Silver Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by IronRon »

AS kev says.
Its all about making a program. I allso live & have detected this area for thirty years.
He certainly wont find it with a detector,,

PhilD

Post by PhilD »

kev woodward wrote:I have lived and detected around the wash area for nearly thirty years so I know how hard it can be to find a site there. As far as this bloke is concerned he is making a TV programme first and the rest is just his hobby, he will not find it :g45:

Anyway, we all know around here that King John's Barons nicked the crown jewels when they poisoned him - the 'loss' in the Wash was a convenient cover story, knowing that no one would ever be able to prove it to be false. :g50:
The TV programme is not going to have a happy ending then :g42:

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

PhilD wrote:Good luck to him John, it would rank way up there if he were lucky enough to find it :xmasbiggrin :xmasbiggrin :xmasbiggrin

A bit of nostalgia re Thornham for you, I was there too, was that muddy micks car in the field?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyaIdP2S ... ed&search=

Yes, that was Micks wagon, he had to be towed out in the morning, by which time the vehicle was surrounded by empty cans. Cannot remember his name, but, the guy who is always the loud comedian at digs done the rescue. Mick wondered why people "had to" wake him up. :g58: :hahaha:

Do you remember that snow which came down from the wash ?
Last edited by Old Git John on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

PhilD wrote:
kev woodward wrote:I have lived and detected around the wash area for nearly thirty years so I know how hard it can be to find a site there. As far as this bloke is concerned he is making a TV programme first and the rest is just his hobby, he will not find it :g45:

The TV programme is not going to have a happy ending then :g42:
Not unless he finds a sodding great skeleton with a huge sack over its shoulder. :hahaha:

PhilD

Post by PhilD »

:g42:
I noticed blue was there, I spotted angel eyes and ironheartedgog I shivered and sat in sheddies tent, thats me in the green jacket and wooly hat going into the barn at the end. Corrine was there too.

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

PhilD wrote::g42:
I noticed blue was there, I spotted angel eyes and ironheartedgog I shivered and sat in sheddies tent, thats me in the green jacket and wooly hat going into the barn at the end. Corrine was there too.
Sheddie was the tow boy on the day, I met Corrine with Suki Sal, I fell for Suki, but to no avail. Slow-n-low set up my Exploder XS before he started detecting, and of course Blue and Raven ended up together. I last met up with them at a Skunkies dig, the last one John GM attended before his untimely demise.

PhilD

Post by PhilD »

Every one a star John :g50:

oldfossil

Post by oldfossil »

All this talk of crown jewels, large sacks and happy ending's is enough to make king John blush in his grave!!

Return to “LATEST NEWS”