Tense Truce Between Detectorists and Archaeologist

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
Rich-t
UKDN Supporter - Silver
UKDN Supporter - Silver
meble kuchenne warszawa

Re: Tense Truce Between Detectorists and Archaeologist

Post by Rich-t »

tomredmayne wrote:
Rich-t wrote:I heard an insightful comment at church the other week - ''our attitude is more important than our opinion''.............
My attitude is that I strive to bring divisive sides together whilst maintaining a dialogue between them. My opinion is that some people can easily divide these same groups without considering the consequences. Which is more important?
My attitude.

grumpyjohn
UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: V3i/DFX /Garrett 500

Post by grumpyjohn »

I have over the years been involved with archaeologists with surveys of historic sites and never had a feeling they regarded me as inferior, in fact many appreciated my input. What seems to be overlooked is this article was written by a journalist who true to type has two main aims. 1- to see her name as a byline and 2- to create controversy. These are the stock in trade reasons behind many journalists thinking. The worst ever headline for a newspaper would be ' Massive Earthquake In Chile. Nobody Killed.'
Better to live a rich life and die poor than live a poor life and die rich

IronRon
UKDN Silver Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Silver Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by IronRon »

Tom...Glad you have found your niche in life,,& which am sure your family are rightly proud of , My apologies if you think my post was aimed at you it is not..

I have every respect for you.. But! I don't believe anyone has the right to disturb the dead in the name of archaeology ..Not saying that you partake in this bizarre ocupation..More power to you in your efforts to bring the two sides together. I hope your efforts are rewarded.

MERRY XMAS..

Return to “LATEST NEWS”