Stone Age treasures unearthed in Sussex

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
lee greagsbey
Site Admin
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Stone Age treasures unearthed in Sussex

Post by lee greagsbey »

"Stone Age treasures unearthed in Sussex offer extraordinary insight into evolution of human intelligence"

Another article for you to read... :g50:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/scie ... 04766.html
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Re: Stone Age treasures unearthed in Sussex

Post by Old Git John »

How fascinating is that ? We are not as clever as we think we are, when we see the sheer quality
of the art of these ancient humans, which followed through to the superb art of later "generations".
The Staffordshire hoard was a fine example of the beauty which our ancestors created, which makes
the stuff modern artists produce look like kids stuff, and galleries pay a fortune to hang.
Thank you once again Lee.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

I am pleased that you enjoy reading them OGJ... As you say modern man thinks he is clever but strip modern man back to basics and he will be like a child with all the lost early technology knowledge, you call them primitive technologies if you want!
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

Old Git John
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

lee greagsbey wrote:I am pleased that you enjoy reading them OGJ... As you say modern man thinks he is clever but strip modern man back to basics and he will be like a child with all the lost early technology knowledge, you call them primitive technologies if you want!

Thank you Lee, I think you will find most of us enjoy reading them, we are just too darned lazy to find them. :g50:
From my point of view, had it not been for seeing much of the stuff found by detectorists, we
would have thought that the rubbish exhibited these days had actually been produced by primitive tribes. Instead of which the ancients, without fancy tools to work with created exquisite pieces of art, from all manner of materials. They truly were the clever ones.

If you haven't got it, buy yourself a dvd about the Staffordshire hoard, magnificent.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

Euan

Post by Euan »

:g50: Good read

Return to “LATEST NEWS”