Thames is drained in annual maintenance 'draw off'

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
lee greagsbey
Site Admin
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Thames is drained in annual maintenance 'draw off'

Post by lee greagsbey »

"Beached! Boats are grounded and the Thames is nowhere to be seen as river is drained in annual maintenance 'draw off'"

Hopefully some people got down there for a forage... :g43: :g50:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... w-off.html
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

ageezer
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
Main Detector: deus /nokta pointer

Re: Thames is drained in annual maintenance 'draw off'

Post by ageezer »

we was down there numerous times 20yrs ago for the draw off but the area does not have much to find as low population at richmond to isleworth area ..muddy shingle with not much metals.we did have a few 17th cent tokens by richmond ferry but little else .some shards also..a few viccy bottles

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

Shame that's a historically quiet populated area, I don't blame you for having a go in the past as it seemed to good to be true.
At Least you got some 17th C tokens and some shards out of it in years gone by... :g50:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

ageezer
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
Main Detector: deus /nokta pointer

Post by ageezer »

actually we was down there for many years at the draw off but surprisingly little finds ..at isleworth we had finds higher up the foreshore with no draw off so it didnt make any difference..it was quiet compared with city area ..by syon park was good for roman and celtic and medievel high up the foreshore ..it was an area that was dredged in viccy times when early finds were made and ended up in museums ..clubs did it in the past and found a few coins

lee greagsbey
Site Admin

Post by lee greagsbey »

Guess that's Murphy's law for you... :g22:
Typical isn't it get handed a chance and opportunity like that and it's baron... :g64:
You mention dreading when I was in Guildford Museum a few years back visiting David Williams... :tears: this old fella comes in by the name of smudger Smith, he does talks in the Surrey area about his finds and his working life he was Thames dreadger. He had all sorts apparently, I remember him talking about his medieval floor files from Chertsey Abbey, he told us about how he used to empty the bucket slowly and in a certain way using the river water it contained to rinse of the slits to exposed the finds, a very interesting man :g58: sadly I never got to any of his talks...
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

{P:

Return to “LATEST NEWS”