Hoard at Detectival

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
lee greagsbey
Site Admin
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Re: Hoard at Detectival

Post by lee greagsbey »

yeti wrote:I was lucky enough to get to see the hoard being recovered over the weekend and I can assure you everything was above board. Anni the Oxfordshire flo was in charge of the dig and a lot of care was taken around the location of the pot and the coins there were left in situ only gently brushed with toothbrushes until it was grided before removal. The other area where the detectorists were was the scatter area and Alex etc were making sure they did not go too deep.the coins were actually spread over quite a wide area and were still turning up in the area where the top soil had not been removed.Not once did I see anything that concerned me while I was there so well done to the finders and all those who helped with the recovery dig
Hi Yeti, Thank you for your detailed report of the days proceedings. The fact you were there in person is good enough for me.. :g50:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

A article on the hoard... :g50:

"Hoard of more than 550 rare gold and silver 14th century coins worth an estimated £150,000 are dug up by a group of amateur metal detectorists"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... 0-000.html
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

Euan

Post by Euan »

Can someone help me please.

The second photo down which shows the Silver Hammered coins, towards the bottom of the photo is a Semi Circular Copper object? :g43:

Could someone tell me what it is please and how it relates to the Hoard? :g43:

Thank you in advance of any answers. :g50:

Euan.
Attachments
Copper item.jpg
Copper item.jpg (93.32 KiB) Viewed 2014 times

Return to “LATEST NEWS”