chariot burial in Pocklington, 2 people assaulted

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
lee greagsbey
Site Admin
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

chariot burial in Pocklington, 2 people assaulted

Post by lee greagsbey »

Unbelievable.... :g44:

"Apparently, two people who tried to stop looters near the site of the chariot burial in Pocklington were the subject of a serious assault and are now in hospital. First four numbers of the car reg may be BDO6. If anyone knows anything please use the contact details in the tweet"

https://mobile.twitter.com/HPWildlifeRu ... 4698126338
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

the-roman
Site Admin
Main Detector: XP Deus II

Re: chariot burial in Pocklington, 2 people assaulted

Post by the-roman »

I heard about this, bloody disgusting and very bad indeed for the hobby :g51: Hope the brothers get well soon and get compensation off the offenders :g50:
XP Deus II - NCMD member.

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

the-roman wrote:I heard about this, bloody disgusting and very bad indeed for the hobby :g51: Hope the brothers get well soon and get compensation off the offenders :g50:
Hi Roman, totally disgusting... :g44: and very bad for the hobby as you say, you obviously know a little more than myself as I didn't even know it was brothers who were the victims?
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

AXE HEAD
Main Detector: Makro Multi Kruzer

Post by AXE HEAD »

A sign of the times I,m afraid. More arsholes per square mile in Britain than there has ever been.

lee greagsbey
Site Admin

Post by lee greagsbey »

And again...

"Landowner attacked in Pocklington"

https://www.minsterfm.com/news/local/28 ... c.facebook
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

{P:

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

Although it is very possible that the offenders were "hawkers", let's not assume that it is the case. The site is known for what it is, due to publicity given to such matters in the media. It could well just be a bunch of thieving morons who will target any place which is vulnerable, Pocklington being one such place. All we detectorists can do is to lend a hand, as far as practicable, to catch the offenders. Our honesty is NOT in question with those who matter, therefore it will only be bad for our great hobby IF the perpetrators do turn out to be involved in detecting, but even then, if they are hawkers the effect on the hobby will minimal. What is essential is that we are seen to be trying to rid our hobby of the wrong doers, and that we are willing to help bring the Pocklington criminals to justice. Just one thing though, DO NOT PUT YOURSELF AT RISK. :g44:
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

AXE HEAD
Main Detector: Makro Multi Kruzer

Post by AXE HEAD »

I thought that the farmers who were assaulted had caught the culprits detecting ?. This needs confirming so blame is not wrongly given to the detecting world. Every week farms get plundered for livestock and machinery . Poaching is also a big problem. With cars now available to most people ,remote areas are not that remote anymore. It really needs to be made clear if it were night hawkers or not so we can get a true perspective.

lee greagsbey
Site Admin

Post by lee greagsbey »

Hi AXEHEAD... Quoting from the second link about this story.

"sustained a serious head injury following the incident where he had challenged men that were on his land illegally using metal detectors."

So it seems almost certain they were using metal detectors... :g48:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

{P:

lee greagsbey
Site Admin

Post by lee greagsbey »

And again...

"Man suffers serious injury while confronting trespassers"

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/175588 ... espassers/
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

{P:

Return to “LATEST NEWS”