Drug laced cake apparently sneaked onto a rally

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
JBM
UKDN Valued Member and UKDN Magazine Contributer
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: XP Deus.

Re: Drug laced cake apparently sneaked onto a rally

Post by JBM »

Appalling. :g44:

Its the times that we live in. :g58: Jerry.
WHRADA Member.
NCMD member WR.

godfrey
UKDN Platinum Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by godfrey »

lee greagsbey wrote:...and broke out in wild dancing before they were taken to hospital" 
Out of interest, does anyone who was there know if they actually did break out into wild dancing? It's a claim that used to be used about cannabis during the 1930's 'Reefer Madness' days, and it's interesting to see the Mail drag it up again out of nowhere.

That said, I really feel for those affected. Spiking anyone with anything is the lowest of the low.

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

godfrey wrote:
lee greagsbey wrote:...and broke out in wild dancing before they were taken to hospital" 
Out of interest, does anyone who was there know if they actually did break out into wild dancing? It's a claim that used to be used about cannabis during the 1930's 'Reefer Madness' days, and it's interesting to see the Mail drag it up again out of nowhere.

That said, I really feel for those affected. Spiking anyone with anything is the lowest of the low.
In fairness godfrey that quote.... "and broke out in wild dancing before they were taken to hospital" was taken from a newspaper article headline, which is a little bit in poor taste i feel because everything I've read about this incident wasn't a enjoyable experience by any of those poor individuals who got spiked!
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

And again...

"Thirteen metal detectorists rushed to hospital after chocolate birthday cake handed out at convention is spiked with cannabis oil"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... ke-passed/
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

godfrey
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by godfrey »

lee greagsbey wrote:
godfrey wrote:

In fairness godfrey that quote.... "and broke out in wild dancing before they were taken to hospital" was taken from a newspaper article headline, which is a little bit in poor taste i feel because everything I've read about this incident wasn't a enjoyable experience by any of those poor individuals who got spiked!
That's exactly my point. The whole 'cannabis causes wild dancing' idea was a slightly racist trope from the New York reefer madness campaign of the 1930's, that affected people like Mezz Mezzrow and Cab Calloway at the time. To see the Mail resurrect it in this context, where I'm quite sure people genuinely felt like they would be fearing for their life, is disgusting. For clarity, I once researched this whole topic as part of a masters degree. In essence, very little has changed in this whole field since the 1930's, on either side, which is why we still run into truly horrific instances like these.

Return to “LATEST NEWS”