NCMD Rules under lockdown 5th Nov - 2nd Dec

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
Lobo
UKDN Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Deus

Re: NCMD Rules under lockdown 5th Nov - 2nd Dec

Post by Lobo »

bodvoc wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:19 pm A question... Do PAS now speak for Metal Detecting?
There aim, in my opinion is to control it and maybe even shut it down. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them and they certainly will not gain any information from myself.

meandmydreams
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: Deus and GMP

Post by meandmydreams »

chasm_norwich wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:04 pm A couple of the fields that we detect have "public" footpaths running across them. So it should be OK to detect on either side. ???
(Sign me up for the loony bin please)
Public footpaths are a right of way to walk on. The land is still privately owned. As JC said, it will keep.
This is a link to my publicly available finds on the PAS Database http://finds.org.uk/database/search/res ... 1B63D0139E

jcmaloney
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by jcmaloney »

Lobo wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:48 pm
bodvoc wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:19 pm A question... Do PAS now speak for Metal Detecting?
There aim, in my opinion is to control it and maybe even shut it down. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them and they certainly will not gain any information from myself.
Why would control be a bad thing?

The hobby has had decades of opportunity to control itself and be responsible and, very broadly speaking, failed.
That failure is now being magnified by "social media" and as sure as eggs are eggs those at the top are looking at all the "Wot iz it and wats it wurf?" posts and saying "Yep, that needs control" and the current situation has opened that door.

When it comes to recording many finders are finding reasons not to rather than trying to help an over burdened system. Another reason to restrict detecting...lighten the workload...

A perfect storm is a coming.

Lobo
UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: Deus

Post by Lobo »

Control is only required for those that break the law, i.e. abnormal size rallys (other than the genuine registered charity events) and nighthawks. The ordinary guy that goes out either on his own or with a handful of buddies, legally gains permission, should be left to get on with his hobby. I'm not against paying a small annual fee, similar to a fishing licence, but I am against a group of people that by and large want our hobby to stop. Rightly or wrongly I believe the PAS are instrumental in trying to achieve that. I repect other peoples thoughts on this, but no matter what anyone says it will not change my views.

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

jcmaloney wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:27 pm
Lobo wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:48 pm
Why would control be a bad thing?

The hobby has had decades of opportunity to control itself and be responsible and, very broadly speaking, failed.
That failure is now being magnified by "social media" and as sure as eggs are eggs those at the top are looking at all the "Wot iz it and wats it wurf?" posts and saying "Yep, that needs control" and the current situation has opened that door.

When it comes to recording many finders are finding reasons not to rather than trying to help an over burdened system. Another reason to restrict detecting...lighten the workload...

A perfect storm is a coming.
I'm inclined to agree with you JC... i wonder if the proposed changes to the treasure act (i think it was!) Earlier in the year have anything to do with it? like you i believe its been brewing for a while... :g43:
Lobo wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:32 pm Control is only required for those that break the law, i.e. abnormal size rallys (other than the genuine registered charity events) and nighthawks. The ordinary guy that goes out either on his own or with a handful of buddies, legally gains permission, should be left to get on with his hobby. I'm not against paying a small annual fee, similar to a fishing licence, but I am against a group of people that by and large want our hobby to stop. Rightly or wrongly I believe the PAS are instrumental in trying to achieve that. I repect other peoples thoughts on this, but no matter what anyone says it will not change my views.
Personally I agree with alot of what you saying also Lobo... but not some much the PAS bit but as you say we are all entitled to are own views and opinions as long as they can be debated peacefully as we are is thats the main thing, sadly there's always a minority that ruin things for the masses...

The problem i feel is policing and the implementation of any changes, so then clamping down on the hobby as a whole is easier and compartmentalizing it for the honest detectorists, so we all suffer in the future potentially... :g43:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

Return to “LATEST NEWS”