Ban on lead shotgun pellets

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
History Hunter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa

Ban on lead shotgun pellets

Post by History Hunter »

Ban on lead shotgun pellets in latest blow to field sports

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/b ... d=msedgdhp

Baldric
Site Moderator - UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: XP DEUS

Re: Ban on lead shotgun pellets

Post by Baldric »

I thought lead pellets had been banned ages ago, same for course fishing line weights. I used to work in ammunitions until 2009 and shotgun cartridges then did not have lead pellets.
Just because you are not paranoid, it does not mean that they are not out to get you

Troy Shadow X3, Shadow X5, XP ORX and now the DEUS 1

THREEE
UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by THREEE »

It was only banned for wildfowling to prevent lead shot polluting the water. :g43:

Eric.

Baldric

Post by Baldric »

THREEE wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:28 pm It was only banned for wildfowling to prevent lead shot polluting the water. :g43:

Eric.
Cheers Eric, I didn't know it was that specific. :g50:
Just because you are not paranoid, it does not mean that they are not out to get you

THREEE
UKDN Supporter

Post by THREEE »

I believe it’s only currently banned for wildfowling but the shooting organisations are working towards a total ban on lead shot and also single use plastic in cartridges. :g43:

Eric.

topdog
Main Detector: xp deus

Post by topdog »

yes we knew it was coming although i thought it was a 5year phase out of lead ...the lead shot over wetlands has been going for a number of years ..
bit of a b---er as i still have 40+kilos of lead shot for reloading .although they have brought out STEEL shot "YUK"I am not sure I want to use it in my old guns ,,although I am pretty sure the old 1850s pinfire I am restoring would be exempt from the lead ban .

ageezer
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
Main Detector: deus /nokta pointer

Post by ageezer »

Baldric

Post by Baldric »

THREEE wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:09 pm I believe it’s only currently banned for wildfowling but the shooting organisations are working towards a total ban on lead shot and also single use plastic in cartridges. :g43:

Eric.
Should go back to waxed cardboard like they used to be.

topdog

Post by topdog »

re paper cases ,,,managed to source a supply of paper 20 bore cases nice to reload but possibly only get 2 reloads from them whereas 4-5 from plastic before they get a bit tatty ,,,,an old farmer friend of mine died a couple of years ago his widow is renovating the old house and came across a box of paper grand prix 12s and a box of eley fourlong again paper dunno how old they were but the heads had corroded away oddly the powder was still dry i have reclaimed the shot for reloading ...still remember the good old days in the 50s the heady smell of the varnished cases when the box was first opened....back then the Eley brand a market leader ,,Grand Prix ,,Maximum ..Impax ..Hymax ..Alphamax .and the posh one Eley Gastight then a box of Grand Prix cost 11 and 9pence (62pence) now they are in excess of £6 a box

THREEE
UKDN Supporter

Post by THREEE »

I can remember using the old Baikal cartridges 40 odd years ago.......dirtiest shells I’d ever used, took ages to clean the gun afterwards!! :g64:
As for the plastic cartridges, I think most shooters now clear them up after a session but like most of us I regularly see ones that have been in the field for years.

Eric.

topdog

Post by topdog »

oh yes Bailkal ,,then was Seller +belliot another dirty one ..not so long ago I was given some zinc cased shells I believe they were issued for overseas use to the military in hot damp climates ,in my reloading gear I still have an unopened can of Poudre T A French powder for large bore fowling guns
did have 2 but just used the last of the first can last season I think it dates to the 50s but is still useable although a tad dirty with loads less than 1 !/8 oz ....at the moment I have been out with the dog and gun more than with the deus

Return to “LATEST NEWS”