Metal detecting club aids police in serial killer

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
Deetektor
UKDN Gold Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
meble kuchenne warszawa

Metal detecting club aids police in serial killer

Post by Deetektor »

Metal detecting club aids police in serial killer case

DAYTONA BEACH -- In their quest to find a bullet or a shell casing in the murder of a 30-year-old woman, police combed through the murder scene to find the evidence, even chopping down trees in the wooded area where the victim's body was discovered

News-Journal
Support the PAS
You know it makes sense

Teknetics T2
XP Goldmaxx Power

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Re: Metal detecting club aids police in serial killer

Post by Old Git John »

That is a very interesting find, which, in no small way, shows how important detecting is. Not only in the way, we detectorists contribute to the lost history of our nation, but in how we can help in many other ways, in this case, qwith solving crime.

I do not wish to either highjack your thread, nor start an unnecessary debate, but I sincerely do hope that those who regard us with some disdain read this, and take note.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

Deetektor

Post by Deetektor »

Old Git John wrote: I do not wish to either highjack your thread, nor start an unnecessary debate, but I sincerely do hope that those who regard us with some disdain read this, and take note.
I've not heard of the police asking a metal detecting club for help in the UK, has anyone else ?
Support the PAS
You know it makes sense

Teknetics T2
XP Goldmaxx Power

peterh
UKDN Supporter

Post by peterh »

Deetektor wrote:
Old Git John wrote: I do not wish to either highjack your thread, nor start an unnecessary debate, but I sincerely do hope that those who regard us with some disdain read this, and take note.
I've not heard of the police asking a metal detecting club for help in the UK, has anyone else ?
Our club in Cardiff has a good relationship with the police and has assisted in searches for items connected with serious crimes on several occasions. I haven't taken part personally, and as far as I am aware, nothing has been found, but the police were quite happy with that as they could then focus their enquiries elsewhere. Maybe other clubs could try offering their services in this way?
Consequitur quodcunque petit

F75 and DFX user

Rayredditch

Post by Rayredditch »

German police asked me if I would be willing to help them in the future after I found and handed in a weapons and ammo cache !!

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

Deetektor wrote:
Neither have I, but anywhere is a good start, and if it highlights our usefulness, all to the good.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

rayredditch wrote:German police asked me if I would be willing to help them in the future after I found and handed in a weapons and ammo cache !!
Say no more, well done Ray.

Rayredditch

Post by Rayredditch »

Old Git John wrote:
rayredditch wrote:German police asked me if I would be willing to help them in the future after I found and handed in a weapons and ammo cache !!
Say no more, well done Ray.
Here it is.
Photo copyright Polizei Rheinland-Pfalz.
Attachments
Weapons Graphic-500.jpg
Weapons Graphic-500.jpg (23.09 KiB) Viewed 8326 times

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

WOW!

Rayredditch

Post by Rayredditch »

As far as I know, 5 perps were convicted, and another 7 are suspected, but as of yet no evidence (Not enough to convict) has been aquired. But at least they know who was involved, and can keep an eye on them in the future.

Groggy

Post by Groggy »

25 odd years ago our club was asked to search for a knife in a park used in an assault. As it was on MOD property the plod had to get permission for us to go there. My mate eventually found it, half under a bush, a Commando type dagger pushed in the ground up to the hilt. Later, in the local rag it announced that "the police" had recovered a weapon. Thanks a bunch.

Rayredditch

Post by Rayredditch »

Groggy wrote: Later, in the local rag it announced that "the police" had recovered a weapon. Thanks a bunch.
Well in the paper and tv here it said a passer by had found it after a wild boar had dug the top soil off. That´s because I told the uniformed that´s what happend. I told the CID (Kriminalpolizei) what really happend, but they decided it was safer for me to remain with the original story, and mention no names, as it was a local gang responsible. :coolestdude:

Return to “LATEST NEWS”