Orangemen plan 'green dream'

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
Baldric
Site Moderator - UKDN Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: XP DEUS

Orangemen plan 'green dream'

Post by Baldric »

A group of Orangemen have ensured that one corner of the Boyne battlefield will be theirs forever.

Click Here
Just because you are not paranoid, it does not mean that they are not out to get you

Troy Shadow X3, Shadow X5, XP ORX and now the DEUS 1

Rayredditch

Re: Orangemen plan 'green dream'

Post by Rayredditch »

Great news :g38: :g50:

crepitis

Post by crepitis »

Im surprised that shower of Bigots would even entertain having something with the word "Green" in its title connected to them in any way. :g51:

Obby
UKDN Supporter - Gold
UKDN Supporter - Gold
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Obby »

Two sides to every story :g64:

crepitis

Post by crepitis »

Obby wrote:Two sides to every story :g64:

Whatever . :g43:

Rayredditch

Post by Rayredditch »

crepitis

Post by crepitis »

rayredditch wrote:I think this says it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy ... re=related

That almost made me come over all "Alf Garnett", but last time I looked The River Boyne flowed through the Republic of Ireland, so that may be an innapropriate song to soundtrack a post about an Irish battlefield, the song wasnt even the British national anthem when the battle was fought :g62:

Still, each to their own, at least the original version gives a nod to us "Rebellious Scots", albeit while inviting Marshall Wade to "crush" us. :shock:

Now what did we ever do to upset him? :g49: :g21: :g21: :g21:

Rayredditch

Post by Rayredditch »

There were other songs I could have posted, but I am not a "Bigot" as you so kindly put it, and they would have been inappropriate here.
After all, this is not a political forum, but a detecting and historical one.

Baldric
Site Moderator - UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: XP DEUS

Post by Baldric »

Keep in line chaps, this was just an interesting news item and never intended to spark a second rebellion :g45: If it gets much nastier I will lock it.
Just because you are not paranoid, it does not mean that they are not out to get you

Troy Shadow X3, Shadow X5, XP ORX and now the DEUS 1

crepitis

Post by crepitis »

rayredditch wrote:There were other songs I could have posted, but I am not a "Bigot" as you so kindly put it, and they would have been inappropriate here.
After all, this is not a political forum, but a detecting and historical one.

Never suggested that you were a Bigot Ray,after all I dont even know you, its the members of the Orange Order that I consider to be bigots.
And by the way I dont adhere to any "religion" myself, I just dont like small-minded bigots like the Orangemen :g10:

Rayredditch

Post by Rayredditch »

I am an Orange man, but not all Orange men are bigots. I have and my family have for may years, friends on both sides of the divide, and when I was a kid, the priest used to come after Sunday mass to my Grandmothers house for afternoon tea with the Protestant Minister. There was never any big divide in the villages (This seems to be a city thing like most other problems), untill a new Priest came from the South as the old one had died. My sister was getting married, and people of both communities were invited, but the new Priest forbade all the Catholics to attend. Three families ignored his ban, and for that were unable to go anywhere for a Church service afterwards, I suppose you´de say they were excommunicated.
So Bigots are on both sides.
It would be like saying all football fans are hooligans, or all Southern Irish are IRA etc. It´s simply not true.
A few always spoil it for the majority, wherever you are.
Last edited by Rayredditch on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crepitis

Post by crepitis »

Are you from Northern Ireland Ray ?, My only experience of Orangemen are the Scottish variety, and like most things we have in the west of Scotland, they are probably an extreme version of what everyone else has :g42: ,

Rayredditch

Post by Rayredditch »

Yes I am, well I was born in England and Christened in NI. :coolestdude:
Last edited by Rayredditch on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rayredditch

Post by Rayredditch »

But I very rarely take things personally. Most things if explained correctly soon clear up :g39:

commando
UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: Laser Powermax 11

Post by commando »

rayredditch wrote:But I very rarely take things personally. Most things if explained correctly soon clear up :g39:
Well said Ray.

Return to “LATEST NEWS”