Gold settings for Explorer SE

CalGail
meble kuchenne warszawa

Gold settings for Explorer SE

Post by CalGail »

I've just come from a metal detecting trip to East Anglia. Does anyone have any settings or group of settings that would help me locate gold things? :g43:

garylq

Re: Gold settings for Explorer SE

Post by garylq »

Any standard settings for the SE, including factory preset, will help you find gold.

I would suggest you borrow a jewelery box with a nice selection of gold items and a gold coin to use for some tests, then you can get used to the sort of signal you might expect with a gold target. The bad news is that the signal for gold is often indistinguishable from the signal for a ringpull, and there are going to be a hell of a lot more ringpulls in the ground than gold targets.

warwick wolf
Main Detector: GMP

Post by warwick wolf »

CalGail wrote:I've just come from a metal detecting trip to East Anglia. Does anyone have any settings or group of settings that would help me locate gold things? :g43:

Did you find owt? :g41:
If you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all !!
Viking 1
Fisher CZ5, Always and Forever, but not so often now I've got the power
GMP

Hammy Count 2010 - 14

CalGail

Post by CalGail »

Thanks for asking. I found a lovely groat and some small hammies, but a couple fo the men found some truly outstanding stuff. Oh well, there's always next time.

CalGail

Post by CalGail »

Good suggestion, Gary. I will be sure to bury them for best results. I'd better tie a string to each one, too. It'd be just like me to lose something valuable in my own yard.

JBM
UKDN Valued Member and UKDN Magazine Contributer
Main Detector: XP Deus.

Post by JBM »

I would suggest that you have a look ate the MLO site as there are a number of programmes to help you.

The advice already mentioned that even factory settings stand good is sound. :g50: Jerry.
WHRADA Member.
NCMD member WR.

Return to “Detectors & Tips”