Viking VK40

JDL
meble kuchenne warszawa

Viking VK40

Post by JDL »

Can anyone tell me what the Viking VK40 is like as I have read a report that sounded good but that means nothing but I have noticed that you never see them for sell on Ebay 2nd hand are they that good that the owner never part with them as I was thinking about getting one as I am new to this and they seem easy to use.

Deetektor
UKDN Gold Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Gold Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Re: Viking VK40

Post by Deetektor »

I've seen a couple of people using them at rallies, but know nothing about them.
Support the PAS
You know it makes sense

Teknetics T2
XP Goldmaxx Power

anonymous

Post by anonymous »

See here :g62:

Click Here

JDL

Post by JDL »

Interesting many thanks not the same as the field report I read I must say.

anonymous

Post by anonymous »

:g50:

Leeolitina

Post by Leeolitina »

I have a VK30 - Still think it's one of the better "cheap" detectors.

Wolfs videos are interesting - but can be misleading.

Watch his SE video - the recovery speed is shown as total crap - but he was swinging it far to quickly. The recovery speed is not too bad if you swing slowly. If you want something that swings at a hundred miles an hour don't buy a SE

There is a regular contributor to Treasure Hunting who uses a VK30 - and she always has loads of finds in her articles.

I have loads of stuff found with my Viking - but the SE is better as you would expect from a machine that costs 5x as much!

anonymous

Post by anonymous »

5 x as much!
but is it 5 x's better?
remember most of the stuff we are searching for e.g coins
are recovered from approx 6 inches depth,,,,'most' :g62:
so is it 5 x's overkill.
I had a great number of finds with a viking
many moons ago.
:g56:

JDL

Post by JDL »

Thanks for the comments I will bear this in mind and as you say leo he was waving the detector at a great rate of speed I would be totally done in in an hour or so swinging like that.

JDL

Post by JDL »

Strange how 2 diff metal detecting sites you get complete opposite thoughts on the viking metal detectors I am now total lost as to what to get as money a bit tight at moment just wanted to get a reasonable detector with a 1 or 2 year warrenty on it thats all (that is not made in far east) open to idea lads and ladies.

anonymous

Post by anonymous »

If you had asked for an idea as to what to go for
within ? budget,you would be even more confused,
everyone has their favorites,mine is the laser/tesoro range they
have a big line up,from the very basic,to screen id display,
if you can get a rapier/cibola,or trident1,you will grow into it
no need to 'upgrade' as it will be a sideways move,
i like to try all kinds of machines,but soon return to what is best for me
and the sites i search.
kev.

JDL

Post by JDL »

Thanks for that advise will look into more detectors that seem easy to use the only reason I asked about the VK40 was because it had motion, non motion, all metal modes, pin point and beach and inland settings as I live on the coast may be of help to me being new to this needing as much help as poss.

JDL

Post by JDL »

Well in the end I got 2 dectectors 1st I bought a Shadow X5 off of this forum which I find just what I need as I do foreshore and inland. My youngest son got the bug as well so I managed to get him a tesoro conquistador which he finds great as it is light like the shadow. Thanks for all your advice most gratefully received.
Yours John

Return to “Detectors & Tips”