PhilD
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Makro Racer
Location: Saving North Yorks finds for future generations by recording with PAS

Re: I-gotU GT 120 GPS Travel Logger Test

Post by PhilD »

I'd be interested in seeing the test results Barry, one thing that's coming clear to me from changing the sky view on my Geko 201 from normal to advanced (one shows 4 signals, the other shows 12 signal bars and their strengths) is that as you have pointed out, a GPS can take a while to aquire all the satellites and maximize it's accuracy.

It will only pick up the WAAS/EGNOS ones (33 & 37) if it is oriented correctly towards them to download the almanac.

Good luck with your 3D viewing, I'm still faffing about with 2D :)
Click here to register with PAS
Makro Racer / ATPro Inter / T2 / Explorer II / Ace 250 / Garrett Pro Pinpointer / Etrex 10 GPS /Lumix TZ60/PAS Records - Click here

Puffin
Main Detector: Mark one gray matter

Re: I-gotU GT 120 GPS Travel Logger Test

Post by Puffin »

Cheers Phil, I normally turn my E-trax on as soon as I arrive for a club dig and leave it running all day. I often turn up an hour before kick off and put the kettle on for a coffee as I set up. That way I get a reasonable signal lock, I've enabled the WAAS and I more often or not get approx 7feet accuracy. My E-trax has seen a hard life in the last three years and I've had to repair the little battery spring as it snapped off over Christmas. I've got some mositure in the unit which shows up as fogging on the inside of the screen and the rubbergrip, which is held in place with double sided tape, as come adrift. So later this year I will be looking for an upgrade.
Deus, XP GMP, CS 4Pi, Canon 450d, Garmin GPS, PAS Self Recorder.
Hamster Count 55. Then so far this year 0 to the Deus.
Denarius Count 7. Then so far this year 0.

Return to “GPS”