Thimbles

These are the book's you've found to be a great read and a great help. These books must be in some way detecting, Historical or archaeologically related.

Moderator: petethedig

Puffin
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Mark one gray matter

Thimbles

Post by Puffin »

Just found a copy of a book on Thimbles in a local charity shop. Lots of pictures and are dated, nice referance book.

The Letts Guide to Collecting
Thimbles
Bridget McConnel

1991 ISBN 1 85238 120 5
Deus, XP GMP, CS 4Pi, Canon 450d, Garmin GPS, PAS Self Recorder.
Hamster Count 55. Then so far this year 0 to the Deus.
Denarius Count 7. Then so far this year 0.

liz

Re: Thimbles

Post by liz »

Another 50p well spent Barry! Brian Read has a new book on Thimbles out about Christmas I think.

Puffin
Main Detector: Mark one gray matter

Post by Puffin »

We do the charity shops on a regular basis, however they are starting to get expensive, £3.50 this time around Liz. Also had a few tee-shirts and a very nice winter jumper and a much sort after local history book that been out of print for 20 years for £1.50.
Deus, XP GMP, CS 4Pi, Canon 450d, Garmin GPS, PAS Self Recorder.
Hamster Count 55. Then so far this year 0 to the Deus.
Denarius Count 7. Then so far this year 0.

liz

Post by liz »

Puffin wrote:We do the charity shops on a regular basis, however they are starting to get expensive, £3.50 this time around Liz. Also had a few tee-shirts and a very nice winter jumper and a much sort after local history book that been out of print for 20 years for £1.50.

Local History, now you are talking, I am always on the look out for books like that, you did well to get that for £1.50. I bought a "job lot" from the local auction centre all from 1903- 1911 great value they were, they came from the original company that printed them, when they closed down. Thought they might have cleared them before as they had stored them for over 100 years!!

baza
UKDN Supporter - Silver
UKDN Supporter - Silver

Post by baza »

nice one barry always a few bargains to be had i always have a look round them when ime in the town :g50:

Return to “Book's or Publication's You Recommend”