50 Finds Books PAS

These are the book's you've found to be a great read and a great help. These books must be in some way detecting, Historical or archaeologically related.

Moderator: petethedig

Puffin
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Mark one gray matter

50 Finds Books PAS

Post by Puffin »

I've come across a couple of these books in recent weeks. Just bought the Cheshire book. I like it. There are others in the pipeline. Each FLO will be doing one for each of the PAS areas. But you can see which areas that are already published here.

https://www.amberley-books.com/catalogs ... q=50+finds
Deus, XP GMP, CS 4Pi, Canon 450d, Garmin GPS, PAS Self Recorder.
Hamster Count 55. Then so far this year 0 to the Deus.
Denarius Count 7. Then so far this year 0.

Hectorsfarm_
Main Detector: XP Deus V 5.1

Re: 50 Finds Books PAS

Post by Hectorsfarm_ »

Nice! Thanks for the heads up Puffin - I'll ask my FLO next month when I see her when she's going to be publishing hers...!? :g50:

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

Thanks for the heads up....
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

Jellytussle
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
UKDN Supporter - Bronze

Post by Jellytussle »

Thanks for that. It explains why my FLO has been ignoring me for the last two months - I had no idea he was writing a book!

jcmaloney
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by jcmaloney »

Jellytussle wrote:Thanks for that. It explains why my FLO has been ignoring me for the last two months - I had no idea he was writing a book!
Come South! We are much nicer!! :g42: :g42:

tadmark
Main Detector: euroace

Post by tadmark »

jcmaloney wrote:
Jellytussle wrote:Thanks for that. It explains why my FLO has been ignoring me for the last two months - I had no idea he was writing a book!
Not on the Blackbird Leys in the 1980s you weren't!! Long trip home to Leeds with very little
glass on our coach after the infamous 5-2 match :g43:

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney »

tadmark wrote:
jcmaloney wrote:
Not on the Blackbird Leys in the 1980s you weren't!! Long trip home to Leeds with very little
glass on our coach after the infamous 5-2 match :g43:
No more than Leeds (at the time) deserved! :g42: :g42: Think a few clubs came to the Manor thinking it would be full of students and the like but, as with any city, Oxford has its rougher areas. :g58:

Seem to remember your lot trying to dismantle the ground bit by bit, although that game certainly remains in my "Top 5" of all time! Think we had John Aldridge at the time who was influential in Lorimer getting sent off..... just checked it was November `84 in League Two!

And now you`ve got our Kemar !! :g48:

PS: I live in Leicester now & Jellytussle is just "over the border" in Notts/Derby. :g50:

tadmark

Post by tadmark »

glass on our coach after the infamous 5-2 match :g43:[/quote]

No more than Leeds (at the time) deserved! :g42: :g42: Think a few clubs came to the Manor thinking it would be full of students and the like but, as with any city, Oxford has its rougher areas. :g58:

Seem to remember your lot trying to dismantle the ground bit by bit, although that game certainly remains in my "Top 5" of all time! Think we had John Aldridge at the time who was influential in Lorimer getting sent off..... just checked it was November `84 in League Two!

And now you`ve got our Kemar !! :g48:

PS: I live in Leicester now & Jellytussle is just "over the border" in Notts/Derby. :g50:[/quote]
I was just 16, my first season going to away matches, what an experience!!
yes we tried to take your ground apart for you, we did that all over the country at that time. You had a great team at that time Aldridge, Billy Hamilton, Rhodes-Brown.... ahhh memories :g42:

Hectorsfarm_
Main Detector: XP Deus V 5.1

Post by Hectorsfarm_ »

...looks like your post has been shanghaied by a load of football hooligans Puffin! :hahaha:

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney »

Happy days they were indeed. When football was the working mans game and before the money got involved.

Following a team that went from Div 4 to League 1 (todays Premier League) than back down to the ignominy of non-league was one hell of a roller-coaster!!

Still got a season ticket.....still go...... less often than in the 80`s though!

tadmark

Post by tadmark »

jcmaloney wrote:Happy days they were indeed. When football was the working mans game and before the money got involved.

Following a team that went from Div 4 to League 1 (todays Premier League) than back down to the ignominy of non-league was one hell of a roller-coaster!!

Still got a season ticket.....still go...... less often than in the 80`s though!
Just watched highlights of the 5.2 match on youtube :g6: :g42:

tadmark

Post by tadmark »

Hectorsfarm_ wrote:...looks like your post has been shanghaied by a load of football hooligans Puffin! :hahaha:
How rude, we were simply carrying out feng shui on Oxfords ground, we thought some stuff looked better on the pitch
than on the terraces!! :g42:

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney »

tadmark wrote:
Hectorsfarm_ wrote:...looks like your post has been shanghaied by a load of football hooligans Puffin! :hahaha:
How rude, we were simply carrying out feng shui on Oxfords ground, we thought some stuff looked better on the pitch
than on the terraces!! :g42:
Sadly the Manor Ground is now a private hospital & flats and we are playing in a concrete prefab stadium with 3 sides ........in Blackbird Leys! :g42: :g42:

Looking forward to the new season though..... Swindon, Coventry and the like will rustle up a few folk. :g6: :g9:

tadmark

Post by tadmark »

And Millwall :g6:

Return to “Book's or Publication's You Recommend”