*** CS RALLY UPDATE IMPORTANT ***

Here you will find details of digs submitted to us that are
being organised by and for members of metal detecting clubs.
GillEvans
meble kuchenne warszawa

*** CS RALLY UPDATE IMPORTANT ***

Post by GillEvans »

Right when on holiday we had a phone call from farmer to say his crops would not be off for the rally as they still have too much moisture and stems are still green....ARRRGGHHH PANIC!!

Any way he has been helpful in giving us contacts, so we went up to Alford yesterday and we have now arranged a brand new farm that is about a mile down the road from the original site, the land is undetected according to farmer apart from an archaeological survey we are the first to have permission from current landowner and his father who farmed before.

The farm is around 750 acres, we however will not know fields available until our arrival and liasing with the farmer on a daily basis as harvest and cultivation progress, he will try to get fields flat but as you understand getting harvest in is more important to him, so we may have stubble, we have asked him to cut as low as he can which he said he will try to do.
The site has lots of crop marks, his farm yard is a scheduled monument of a priory and monastery, and a moated site there are Iron Age Tumuli on his land.

Camping will now be on pasture, water toilets etc will still be on site.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused we really did not want to cancel or postpone. Everyone with tickets will be informed of the new location and post code.

Other good news we now have a Minelab 705 as a raffle prize, also Minelab will be in attendance all weekend doing a token hunt on Saturday with another 705, pinpointers, and various other prizes on offer for tokens, they are also doing spot gifts in the field as usual.
On each day at 2.00pm they will be demonstrating the CTX and will be open for questions and feedback adjacent to the Marquee.
Minelab will be represented by Dessi Dunne and Finbar Lordan.
This is along with other trade stands etc

Tickets are still available by post until 17th August and by paypal until 21st August after that it will be pay on the day which will be available this year. For information on how to purchase tickets go to www.csrally.com

martinrad
Main Detector: Etrac & Deus

Re: *** CS RALLY UPDATE IMPORTANT ***

Post by martinrad »

oh thanks Gill, thats one of my permissions a Mr Pickering and maybe you should tell the truth a bit as the farm has been searched on for the past 30 years as have most of the farms in the area.
A hammy or two....

Toby

Post by Toby »

I'm sorry to say that everyone is being completely mislead over this new land. It has had a considerable amount of detecting done on it over many years; it is simply not true that the land has never been detected. It may also be worth bearing in mind that this farmland adjoins the land where last years rally was held and we can all recall how poor that was.

GillEvans

Post by GillEvans »

I can only tell you what the farmer told me and that was that he had not had anyone detecting on it if he had said otherwise I would have said so.

Its no different to the land at Ulceby Cross the farmer has not given permission to anyone there but it has been done to death by nighthawks.

Over the years we have had all number of accusations thrown at us it comes with the territory.

I only put that information up for those that are coming and that we still have tickets ready, its funny really cause we didnt do a rally there last year, and maybe it was poor for you Toby but the PAS recorded over 300 finds from that rally they are still updating their databases now and have not put all the stuff on, so some had some luck, which is how it goes with rallies. If you had found a handful of stuff you would be saying what a good site it is.

It just the same crap over and over again.

Which is why this will be our last ever rally weekend rally let some other mug go through all the hassle its only you detectorists who loose out in the end.

Rigit

Post by Rigit »

martinrad wrote:oh thanks Gill, thats one of my permissions a Mr Pickering and maybe you should tell the truth a bit as the farm has been searched on for the past 30 years as have most of the farms in the area.
Why don't you **** what's your problem? Gill and Richard would never mislead people I have known them for many years and that's just not the way they operate. I bet you are just ****** off that a good site is being used for a rally when you would like it all for yourself, well tough luck, anyway how can you comment when the actual fields to be used have not been published.

Your post is well out of order and I hope the moderators remove this thread because you are just trying to put others off attending.

Rant over.

Count Elmsley

Post by Count Elmsley »

I was shocked to read the above posts, the weekend I was really looking forward to now seems to be other than I thought.
Some years ago I attended a CS Rally, and had a very good time, meeting other enthusiast and learning a lot from them about this fine hobby. I didn't really find anything worth shouting about, but I put that down to my inexperience with my MXT detector which I was having trouble mastering.
Move forward a few years, and now I have a super Laser Hawkeye machine which has found me many excellent coins and artifacts, thanks to the encouragement of my local MD Club.
So when I saw this rally, with all its hype, I thought "I must go on this one!" and booked for the whole weekend.
Now however, I am worried to say the least.
On the one hand we have the Farmer claiming that no-one has detected on these fields whilst he has had them and also during his father's time before him. Great stuff - Oh, and there was also the cherry that Archaeologists had looked at the land in the past - must be something of interest there.
But now the axe has fallen. Martinrad claims that these fields are part of his permissions, and have been detected on for the past 30 years!
Then Toby also says that the land has definitely been detected on before.
So who do we believe? And who is telling porkies? It would appear that the land that is 'undetected according to the current land owner' has in fact been detected on for many years.
Were it not for the rule that my £55 payment was 'Non Refundable', I would be asking for a refund.
As a pensioner with limited funds, I cannot afford to waste my money on an unproductive field. I realise that finds cannot be guaranteed of course, but when we are promised virgin soil only to find that this is misleading, I am feeling very angry to say the least.
Therefore I am requesting CS to look into this carefully with the Landowner and let us have the actual facts about this land and it's suitability for the Rally planned.

jcmaloney
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by jcmaloney »

Its land, its suitable for a rally. They stopped making it years ago.
Any rally or dig organiser (including me!) can only go on what the landowner tells you......would you call a farmer who is kind enough to let hundreds of strangers on his land a liar?
£55 for 3 days.....breaks down to £18 a day.... to enjoy like minded peoples company, go detecting, have a chat and, maybe,find something.
Just because you pay to to access land doesn`t guarantee finds, equally many DID NOT find at Alford last time but plenty did.....?

Damned if you do, damned if you don`t.....I can see why not many bother organising things for such a petty minded, jealous hobby.

Nige150
Registered User + UKDN Magazine Contributer
Main Detector: Fisher F75

Post by Nige150 »

I feel very sorry for Gill. She must put so much hard work into this. It's not her fault. I've been to many digs where we were told the land has never been detected on, only to find later that locals or a local club have been doing it for years etc etc, or that the farmer lets anybody on. It seems to be par for the course these days.
Digging the past to save the future
2014 count: Hammereds 2 Roman bronzes 12
2015 count: Hammereds 1 Roman bronzes 11
2016 count: Hammereds 3 Roman bronzes 3

Nap
UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: Nokta Legend

Post by Nap »

I really dislike this sort of thread - these postings. Rich and Gill are great people and put on great events. They don't lie about things - why would they?
If the landowner has told them he hasn't given any permissions I go with believing that. - but - if folk have a problem or doubts why not write direct to them or phone them instead of this sordid use of an open forum.

So - we have three negatives out of some 30-40,000 detectorists in the country. Rich and Gill - and the twins - have to read that stuff you know, do you not realise how upsetting it can be? Shame on you. :g51:

Richard and Gill have had a serious setback through absolutely no fault of their own - they have recovered, found new land, the best they can get at such short notice, and the rally is going ahead - well, that is great isn't it?

Let us all get over there, have a great time meeting old friends and making new ones, and get detecting! :g50: :g50: :g50:
There comes a time in every rightly-constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.
- Mark Twain

http://www.caminostore.org

grumpyjohn
UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: V3i/DFX /Garrett 500

Post by grumpyjohn »

You try to make the best of an upset and what happens? Always somebody criticises!! I'm going and looking forward to it !!! :g50:
Better to live a rich life and die poor than live a poor life and die rich

shaun+carol
UKDN Supporter - Silver
UKDN Supporter - Silver

Post by shaun+carol »

all I can say is don't let it get you down gill.the people who know you and Richard know you are genuine and honest people. :kissblow:

allan75
UKDN Supporter

Post by allan75 »

:g50: sorry to read aboutyour setback richard and gill. glad you have managed to save the day. putting cheque in the post tonight. with out you both i would not be meeting my many friends i ve made over the years. thank you.

zoomorphic
Registered User + UKDN Magazine Contributer
Main Detector: etrac

Post by zoomorphic »

Toby wrote:I'm sorry to say that everyone is being completely mislead over this new land. It has had a considerable amount of detecting done on it over many years; it is simply not true that the land has never been detected. It may also be worth bearing in mind that this farmland adjoins the land where last years rally was held and we can all recall how poor that was.
It must be quite good land if its been detected on for many years :g41:
its not had me on it yet,but it will :g58:
looking forward too it more so now
its a weekend away and not just about what you find,for me :g39:

meandmydreams
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: Deus and GMP

Post by meandmydreams »

Good luck with the rally.. You both work so hard to give people somewhere to detect and any negative stuff is unnecessary.. Give them a break folks they are doing their best.

Clive
This is a link to my publicly available finds on the PAS Database http://finds.org.uk/database/search/res ... 1B63D0139E

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney »

Dave Larner wrote:
Toby wrote:I'm sorry to say that everyone is being completely mislead over this new land. It has had a considerable amount of detecting done on it over many years; it is simply not true that the land has never been detected. It may also be worth bearing in mind that this farmland adjoins the land where last years rally was held and we can all recall how poor that was.
It must be quite good land if its been detected on for many years :g41:
its not had me on it yet,but it will :g58:
looking forward too it more so now
its a weekend away and not just about what you find,for me :g39:
Go easy Dave thats only Toby`s second post in 3 years. :) :)
The last rally there was awful if I remember.....only about 300 bits added to PAS .... some found..some didn`t thats the way it is!

Return to “Club Digs”