anymetaljohn
UKDN Valued Supporter
UKDN Valued Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: DEUS

Woking youngster needs a hand

Post by anymetaljohn »

Hi all,
Have recently passed down my Garrett 125 to my partners grandson aged eight. As a young lad and new to the hobby I wondered if there is a detectorist (with a son /daughter) or club in the Woking area who could take him out a couple of times to see how he gets on.His father or mother would be with him initially so no chaperoning required. I would love to help him more but as I live in dorset its not easy . Please e-mail me on mondeojohn@hotmail.com if you think you can help and I will sort out logistics. Cheers

jcmaloney
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Re: Woking youngster needs a hand

Post by jcmaloney »

Its a sad reflection on our society that our (any!) club welcomes children under 16 have to insist that they are always accompanied by a parent or guardian.

"Safeguarding children or adults at risk:
If a Club’s activities regularly bring members into contact with children (under 18, and especially under 16) or with adults at risk (e.g. a person who is or may be in need of community care services by reason of mental or other disability, age or illness; and who is or may be unable to take care of him or herself, or unable to protect him or herself against significant harm or exploitation) those activities should be risk assessed and processes for reporting safeguarding concerns identified. It may be necessary for Disclosure and Barring Service checks to be carried out on individual members and for information disclosed under this procedure to be acted upon."

Hate to be a party pooper but thats how things are these days!

smiler247

Re: Woking youngster needs a hand

Post by smiler247 »

I am sure if you call leisure promotions based near newbury and speak to mick or Pete they will allow them to go along to a dig or two. They have occasional open digs too, normally you have to buy a machine from them but they are great and sure will be happy to help.
Cheers mark

Return to “Need a Detecting Buddy”