Help! detecting buddy needed please.

If you're looking for a Detecting Partner then ask here
NORFOLKGOLDFINDER
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: XP DEUS

Help! detecting buddy needed please.

Post by NORFOLKGOLDFINDER »

Hi people, since moving to Norfolk 16 years ago I've only been able to gain two permissions, getting turned down everywhere whilst locals are getting permissions on the same farms I've asked, OK, i understand that a lot of Old school Norfolk farmers are very wary of "outsiders" so on that note i must have done well to gain 2 permissions! Just recently I've lost the biggest farm due to a farm worker taking up detecting and demanding sole rights to detect, 15 years i had that land and it produced good items quite regular, so my question is before i decide to sell my detectors is this.....are the anyone on here from the Downham Market, West Norfolk area that would be willing to take on a detecting partner? and maybe help me get some permissions? Thank you. Chris.

NORFOLKGOLDFINDER

Re: Help! detecting buddy needed please.

Can anybody help a fellow detectorist out? There must be someone out there? You know what it’s like to be waiting for your land to come up, that’s what it’s like for me all the time now, nowhere to go and itching for the thrill of the search, I’m going nuts here! Lol.

IronRon
UKDN Silver Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Silver Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by IronRon »

I chris.. I know how difficult it is to gain permission on new land.. for lots of reasons.try joining a club .. or forming your own .
The lack of response on here says it all..

Rich-t
UKDN Supporter - Silver
UKDN Supporter - Silver

Post by Rich-t »

Hi Chris was wondering about the neighbors of the farm you had and the 1 you have? (if not already taken) I have got permission on land successfully by starting the conversation Hello there Mr XYZ I metal detect on (your farmers name) and was wondering etc ( they all know each other locally and it helps) I always ''only'' ask for a field initially as well. Take some previous finds with you to try and get there interest stirred maybe. If your prepared to Travel there are few pay per day ''Dig only'' clubs around I reckon? (central searchers etc) another option might be the coast Hunstanton etc? In fact I wish I was a bit nearer to the coast as in the right conditions you can do really well.....keep going back as well mate as on one of my better farms it took me 5 years to get on! I went back every Christmas with a bottle of wine to be told this and that, but eventually he let me on! (probably got fed up with me keeping on coming back lol.....)
other than that mate can't help.........

NORFOLKGOLDFINDER

Thank you very much guys, I managed an afternoon on my one and only field today, it’s stubble at the moment but I’m a few weeks time it should be set and that will be that for another year almost as he don’t let me on it after it’s set! Lol dier straights! I shall take your comments on board. Cheers Chris.

Sunray
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Sunray »

:g45: Never give up mate ...

I live in Norfolk and became a member of the Kings Lynn MD Club in 2017 ... Click Here

I have permission(s) but they are in Suffolk and the landowner is very strict about no guests.

There are many beaches in Norfolk you can easily get on ...

The Dereham District MD Club does regular club events in Norfolk Area - [Sorry I don't have a link] I have been on two of their club digs as a guest via the Kings Lynn Club. You could consider joining either one.

All the best ... :g50:

PS - I am a n00b :hahaha:

Dendro_Tom
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: Deus and AT PRO

Post by Dendro_Tom »

We have fields in Norfolk but no meadows so end up not going out from April to harvest time. I nearly got some meadow accidentally. I injured my shoulder while playing table tennis and went to an osteopath and during the conversation she said she had meadows we could detect. Her farm manager said NO as her meadows are scheduled (SSSI because of Saxon round house - drat) instead we have 100 acres of arable land to go at - but still we get a long spring vacation from detecting.

Return to “Need a Detecting Buddy”