Hello everyone, it's been 6 months since my

A place for the newcomer to find useful information thus
helping them to make a good start in the hobby. Beginners can ask questions
and get replies from more experienced members.
sorted
meble kuchenne warszawa

Hello everyone, it's been 6 months since my

Post by sorted »

last confession, oh wait, this isn't the right forum.

First post:

Bought an brand new Garrett Ace 250 this time last year along with a case that makes me look like I'm going fishing or something, brought it home, tested it lit up, checked
it could detect metal and promptly put it back in the case and..............well, forgot about it until this week when I came across it again and remembered what I'd bought it
for...which I've since forgotten again.

The reason for this thread, is I'll be taking it out shortly along some coastline, dry sand as opposed to wet, nothing more than myself, the detector, a small shovel and some
amount of enthusiasm. I may look to buy one of them that pin pointer things before I go south.

What permits do i need to be thinking about? I've registered with this one and gotten the permit
http://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/coastal ... plication/

Am I right in thinking there are more to be looked at and maybe purchase? The above was free.

I will also be asking some local farmers to me if I can worry their sheep by detecting on their land but as it's lambing season I'm thinking it's probably not a good
idea and of course I'm not sure how receptive farmers are to their land being detected on.

I'm from the East Midlands, not far from Ashby De La Zouch and am also thinking about joining a local detector club in Loughborough if they'll have me.

Any ideas/advice/ would be much appreciated.

Thankyou!

bodvoc
Consortium Member
Consortium Member

Re: Hello everyone, it's been 6 months since my

Post by bodvoc »

Yay! Welcome to the wonderful world of detecting, and welcome also to ukdn, a fine site, with helpful people and a great resource for new starters like you 'sorted'. You have got yourself a basic but reasonable machine for someone trying out detecting for the first time.
Getting permission to search is paramount in this hobby so make sure you have it before you start. I would also strongly advise you to get yourself along to a local club, as this will give you a better perspective on responsible detecting and may even lead to a few club digs for you to get acquainted with your machine.
Remember!!! Information is king - and there is a ton of it on this site to get you on your way so Good luck!! :g50:
Professionally aimless wandering.

seDEUSed

Return to “BEGINNERS' SECTION”