A place for the newcomer to find useful information thus
helping them to make a good start in the hobby. Beginners can ask questions
and get replies from more experienced members.
ashbos
meble kuchenne warszawa

Post by ashbos »

Hello,

can someone advise how i upload an image to my avatatr please? system keeps asking for URL but the image i would like to use is just in my MY DOCUMENTS folder on my hard drive.

Ta

Ash

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Re: Avatar

Post by Old Git John »

You can download a useful tool called, avatar sizer, not sure of the full link, but, if you enter http://www.avatar sizer
I think that will take you to it.
You then simply choose your favoured image, and enter it, and the picture will be adjusted to the correct size.
Next you need to upload it to your desktop, ready to add to your account on here, by going into your PROFILE,
and clicking on ADD AVATAR, which will give you the choice of using one from the forum list, or using your own.
Follow the instructions given. Hope this helps.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

DiOz
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: Ace 250

Post by DiOz »

He saying he can't browse for an avatar pic that's in a folder on his hard drive.... Click Here
...Dave :g43:
Garrett Ace 250

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

DiOz wrote:He saying he can't browse for an avatar pic that's in a folder on his hard drive.... Click Here

We are both getting it wrong DiOz, what he needs is thelittle ckick box, which allows him to choose where he wants to look. The one which usually is followed by, "BROWSE", it is a drop box, where there are a number of options to choose from, one being Desk top, or Documents, or Photographs.

Can anybody in Admin clarify what the original poster can do please.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

Donnydave
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

I have just experimented and changed my avatar picture. I first used avatar sizer to get the right size, then I uploaded it to photo bucket :g58: Then when I clicked on my photo in photobucket it gave me a box of links at the right hand side of my screen when you click on one of these links it changes to yellow and says copied, it is the second line down that works with the forum avatar box,you click the delete box if you have an old avatar, then just click paste and eh presto your new avatar appears.

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

Donnydave wrote:I have just experimented and changed my avatar picture. I first used avatar sizer to get the right size, then I uploaded it to photo bucket :g58: Then when I clicked on my photo in photobucket it gave me a box of links at the right hand side of my screen when you click on one of these links it changes to yellow and says copied, it is the second line down that works with the forum avatar box,you click the delete box if you have an old avatar, then just click paste and eh presto your new avatar appears.

Dave, you have just made my day, can you give a link to Avatar sizer please ?

I had it on my previous PC but forgot to transfer it to this one, and cannot
remember the name etc.

I think a lot of us have just benefitted from what you did, to achieve a result.

Thank you. :g38:

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

Just downloaded it, it took less time than it has to post this. Thanks again.

DiOz

Post by DiOz »

Old Git John wrote:
DiOz wrote:He saying he can't browse for an avatar pic that's in a folder on his hard drive.... Click Here

We are both getting it wrong DiOz, what he needs is thelittle ckick box, which allows him to choose where he wants to look. The one which usually is followed by, "BROWSE", it is a drop box, where there are a number of options to choose from, one being Desk top, or Documents, or Photographs.
That's what I said......he's unable to browse for an avatar on his hard drive becoz the option to do that currently isn't there!!!

He's not asking how to resize a pic.
Garrett Ace 250

DiOz

Post by DiOz »

The following is from the Forum "Frequently Asked Questions" webpage......

How do I show an image along with my username?
There are two images which may appear along with a username when viewing posts. One of them may be an image associated with your rank, generally in the form of stars, blocks or dots, indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the board. Another, usually a larger image, is known as an avatar and is generally unique or personal to each user. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and to choose the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars, contact a board administrator and ask them for their reasons.

I think Admin probably doesn't have the right settings enabled.... Click Here
Garrett Ace 250

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

Well winkled DiOz, hopefully somebody will notice your post, and correct it where necessary.

Donnydave
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

[quote="DiOz"]The following is from the Forum "Frequently Asked Questions" webpage......

How do I show an image along with my username?
There are two images which may appear along with a username when viewing posts. One of them may be an image associated with your rank, generally in the form of stars, blocks or dots, indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the board. Another, usually a larger image, is known as an avatar and is generally unique or personal to each user. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and to choose the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars, contact a board administrator and ask them for their reasons.

I think Admin probably doesn't have the right settings enabled.... Click Here[/quot
I think you are right DIOZ the Admin have the option to put a browse button on there, I tried all the options I could see in my profile and the way I did it was the only option at the moment, probably got altered last time the forum was updated :g43:

Return to “BEGINNERS' SECTION”