Very odd Avatar Problem!

A place for the newcomer to find useful information thus
helping them to make a good start in the hobby. Beginners can ask questions
and get replies from more experienced members.
Ivanhoe
meble kuchenne warszawa

Very odd Avatar Problem!

Post by Ivanhoe »

I've read the previous posts here about uploading Avatars, none of which seem to help me!

In my profile editing section, under "Avatar" there is no option to allow me to upload my avatar from my hard drive, only from a URL, since I have always found image hosting sites to be completely unreliable I don't want to use them. Mention is made in previous posts to using a drop-down menu from a "Select Avatar" button, I don't have one!

Also read suggestions to contact board admins, how? The report template doesn't work for me, and I can't find admin contact details anywhere, HELP!

Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong?

Donnydave
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Re: Very odd Avatar Problem!

Post by Donnydave »

Ivanhoe wrote:I've read the previous posts here about uploading Avatars, none of which seem to help me!

In my profile editing section, under "Avatar" there is no option to allow me to upload my avatar from my hard drive, only from a URL, since I have always found image hosting sites to be completely unreliable I don't want to use them. Mention is made in previous posts to using a drop-down menu from a "Select Avatar" button, I don't have one!

Also read suggestions to contact board admins, how? The report template doesn't work for me, and I can't find admin contact details anywhere, HELP!

I had the same problem my "Select Avatar" button went missing giving me the option to use an URL of my picture? So I used photobucket and avatar sizer, I made my pic into an avatar using avatar sizer, saved the new resized picture, loaded it into photo bucket, and then copied the URL from photobucket, second box down on the right hand size. Then pasted the URL link into the avatar box on here. :g58:

Ivanhoe

Post by Ivanhoe »

Donnydave wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:I've read the previous posts here about uploading Avatars, none of which seem to help me!

I had the same problem my "Select Avatar" button went missing giving me the option to use an URL of my picture? So I used photobucket and avatar sizer, I made my pic into an avatar using avatar sizer, saved the new resized picture, loaded it into photo bucket, and then copied the URL from photobucket, second box down on the right hand size. Then pasted the URL link into the avatar box on here. :g58:

Unfortunately, as I said in my post, I don't trust image hosting sites, had too much agro with them in the past. I belong to numerous forums which let you upload avatar/signature/whatever directly from your own computer, why doesn't this one?

Brianmo
Site Owner and Creator
Site Owner and Creator

Post by Brianmo »

We are looking into this problem guys :-)
From Brian & Mo' Cross
Creators of UK DETECTOR NET FORUM
http://www.forumukdetectornet.co.uk

kev woodward
Site Admin
Main Detector: XP Deus 1

Post by kev woodward »

Problem is now sorted guys :g50:
I have become comfortably numb

kev woodward
Site Admin
Main Detector: XP Deus 1

Post by kev woodward »

Done :g50:
I have become comfortably numb

Donnydave

Post by Donnydave »

Ivanhoe wrote:
Donnydave wrote:

Sorry Ivanhoe I missed that bit of your post :g48:
Unfortunately, as I said in my post, I don't trust image hosting sites, had too much agro with them in the past. I belong to numerous forums which let you upload avatar/signature/whatever directly from your own computer, why doesn't this one?

Puffin
Main Detector: Mark one gray matter

Post by Puffin »

Yes just updated mine.
Deus, XP GMP, CS 4Pi, Canon 450d, Garmin GPS, PAS Self Recorder.
Hamster Count 55. Then so far this year 0 to the Deus.
Denarius Count 7. Then so far this year 0.

Ivanhoe

Post by Ivanhoe »

Brilliant! Problem solved, thanks to everyone who helped. Very nice to find a really efficient board admin section!

Ivanhoe

Post by Ivanhoe »

Puffin wrote:Yes just updated mine.
Just noticed where you are, I used to live in Aldridge, is there plenty of MD activity around the Walsall area? Often thought Cannock Chase would be a prime area if you could get permission.

Puffin
Main Detector: Mark one gray matter

Post by Puffin »

I'm in Aldridge myself, also chairman of the Bloxwich club, Ivanhoe.
Deus, XP GMP, CS 4Pi, Canon 450d, Garmin GPS, PAS Self Recorder.
Hamster Count 55. Then so far this year 0 to the Deus.
Denarius Count 7. Then so far this year 0.

Return to “BEGINNERS' SECTION”