Detector Reviews

A place for the newcomer to find useful information thus
helping them to make a good start in the hobby. Beginners can ask questions
and get replies from more experienced members.
Redfoot
meble kuchenne warszawa

Detector Reviews

Post by Redfoot »

If your new to our hobby or if you have been detecting for a while and your thinking of upgrading this site has reviews on most makes of machines to assist you in making your selection.

http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/

oldfossil

Re: Detector Reviews

Post by oldfossil »

On the Deus its claimed that it has a hugh design flaw and reviewer explains
"The Deus is a very good machine. It has great depth and it hands down has the fastest target analysis (reactivity setting) of any machine on the market. I want to like this machine, I really do. However, it suffers from one huge drawback: the Deus remote. In the first two weeks of owning the machine, I lost the remote while climbing up a hillside through some brush. After hours of searching I ended up dropping $650 on a new remote. "

So the reviewer lost his remote ... oops!!! and I am lost for words!!! Though the fact that he had to fork out $650 is more than enough compensation for my inner Karma!!!!!

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

I have the older version with the magnet mount it does come with a safety cord, at first I didn't used it but I did manage to knock the remote off ducking under a electric fence (I found the remote..) since then I have and will always use the safety cord... no excuses in my eyes..
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

oldfossil

Post by oldfossil »

lee greagsbey wrote:I have the older version with the magnet mount it does come with a safety cord, at first I didn't used it but I did manage to knock the remote off ducking under a electric fence (I found the remote..) since then I have and will always use the safety cord... no excuses in my eyes..
You are so right ... and to think that the review was dated 2016 ,,, as said No excuses.

PhilD
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: Makro Racer
Location: Saving North Yorks finds for future generations by recording with PAS

Post by PhilD »

Nice link Redfoot :g50:
Click here to register with PAS
Makro Racer / ATPro Inter / T2 / Explorer II / Ace 250 / Garrett Pro Pinpointer / Etrex 10 GPS /Lumix TZ60/PAS Records - Click here

Return to “BEGINNERS' SECTION”