NCMD meets Dr James Gerrard

All discussions and threads relating to the "Green Waste" issue should be placed in here.
When the green waste issue has been resolved, this forum and the threads within it
will either be moved or deleted.
jcmaloney
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
meble kuchenne warszawa

NCMD meets Dr James Gerrard

Post by jcmaloney »

Quick update.
Dr James Gerrard presented to the NCMD OGM yesterday about the research Newcastle University are doing on Contaminated Green Waste and, fairly specifically, the reporting of such using the website/mobile app. which has raised some concerns.
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/postgraduate/news/ ... ology.html

More than willing to try and answer specific questions people may have & allay any concerns as to how the data is both gathered and the forward plan to use it in a constructive way.

I know Dr Gerrard didn`t get an easy ride from us, but he answered everyone's questions honestly and frankly.
His overall concept is that he potentially has access to thousands of "free field workers" that see and complain about CGW. The complaints are widely evidenced on this forum, to FLO`s and by people already using the reporting tool.

Personal opinion bit:
If the team get the evidence this will have a greater impact on the production & content of green waste through evidence rather than anecdote which can be used to change legislation.
It will have more impact than however many under-signed petitions.
If there is enough evidence gathered that the current product legislation (PAS100) isn`t good enough, with 0.25% non degradables permitted, then there is the opportunity to make positive change.
Its accepted that not all producers are bad and there is a genuine need for a viable, clean product so we just need to know how bad the problem really is and where.

:g50:

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Re: NCMD meets Dr James Gerrard

Post by Old Git John »

Thanks for that J.C., lets hope that something useful comes out of it, given the amount of
effort, and time put in by the NCMD and others.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney »

Can but hope OGJ !
Strange how those who were berating the app & reporting tool seem "shy" now some answers are available.

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney »

And now its on the Front Page of the NCMD Mag "Digging Deep" that should have arrived/be arriving through your letter box`s soon. If the hobby keeps up the pressure and provides the data things will improve.......if you think its "not your problem" one day it might be!

Old Git John
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

jcmaloney wrote:And now its on the Front Page of the NCMD Mag "Digging Deep" that should have arrived/be arriving through your letter box`s soon. If the hobby keeps up the pressure and provides the data things will improve.......if you think its "not your problem" one day it might be!
Yes, mine arrived yesterday, as usual it makes good reading.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney »

I`m waiting for the "conspiracy" theorists that the app is "illegal etc etc" to stump up....could be a long wait !!

Return to “"Green Waste" Issues”