Detectorists against Green Waste Campaign!!

All discussions and threads relating to the "Green Waste" issue should be placed in here.
When the green waste issue has been resolved, this forum and the threads within it
will either be moved or deleted.
Brianmo
Site Owner and Creator
Site Owner and Creator
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: XP Deus

Re: Detectorists against Green Waste Campaign!!

Post by Brianmo »

What about a standard style letter Steve? some people can be lazy :-(
From Brian & Mo' Cross
Creators of UK DETECTOR NET FORUM
http://www.forumukdetectornet.co.uk

the barnacle
UKDN Supporter - Platinum
Main Detector: Deus

Post by the barnacle »

Brian & Mo' wrote:What about a standard style letter Steve? some people can be lazy :-(

:g50: i will sort one out brian and put it on here - if anyone wishes they could alter it to suit their area.

paulmt22

Post by paulmt22 »

been on a 40 acre field today and every part of it was littered in alluminium , whats green about that.... nearly every swing brought a piece or two absolutely infuriating !!!!!!

the barnacle

Post by the barnacle »

paulmt22 wrote:been on a 40 acre field today and every part of it was littered in alluminium , whats green about that.... nearly every swing brought a piece or two absolutely infuriating !!!!!!
did you take any pics or get a sample, contact your mp and the environmental health, the more that contact them the better and they might stop thinking i am a crack pot :g62:

godfrey
UKDN Platinum Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Platinum Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by godfrey »

Had a response back from my councillor friend in Bristol who's done some looking into this around here now.
I am assured that Bristol doesn't pay farmers to spread it. There are two grades: one is commercial grade compost that is sold on and the other is used for what they call restitution, which is things like covering over landfill sites or filling in holes left by building work... but definitely not spreading on fields. Obviously can't say what other councils do, but our lot don't seem to be the culprits.

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

O.k, I had a interesting chat with my FLO this weekend and they seem to be fed up with the Green Waste issue as well & and did not know about the stance we have started about it....
So my FLO said he is going to bring it up with others in the PAS and the County Archaeology Unit and hopefully rack up the signatures a bit, hopefully getting the archaeologist involves as the green waste affects them too.... Lets hope this opens other doors, i guess we will have to wait and see.....

I also got to see my friend, who is a principle soil scientist for a well known gardening organisation and he asked me to forward him some links and information and he will see if he can help... as he is in regular meetings and contact with various green waste companies and makers etc.....
He told me that the Green Waste business was killed is Scotland as the retailers got on board and would not buy the crops grown in the ground that had been treated with or contained Green Waste as it could not be trusted, Because of cross contamination to the crops and then it's in the food chain..??? So the all boycotted crops grown it it that that was the final nail in the coffin...

His main advise is get the retailers on side... :g50:

Regards,
Lee
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

Steve Rice

Post by Steve Rice »

lee greagsbey wrote:O.k, I had a interesting chat with my FLO this weekend and they seem to be fed up with the Green Waste issue as well & and did not know about the stance we have started about it....
So my FLO said he is going to bring it up with others in the PAS and the County Archaeology Unit and hopefully rack up the signatures a bit, hopefully getting the archaeologist involves as the green waste affects them too.... Lets hope this opens other doors, i guess we will have to wait and see.....

I also got to see my friend, who is a principle soil scientist for a well known gardening organisation and he asked me to forward him some links and information and he will see if he can help... as he is in regular meetings and contact with various green waste companies and makers etc.....
He told me that the Green Waste business was killed is Scotland as the retailers got on board and would not buy the crops grown in the ground that had been treated with or contained Green Waste as it could not be trusted, Because of cross contamination to the crops and then it's in the food chain..??? So the all boycotted crops grown it it that that was the final nail in the coffin...

His main advise is get the retailers on side... :g50:

Regards,
Lee
Lee, you and a few others (I won't name names in case I miss somebody out) are a breath of fresh air. This is just what me and Barney hoped. A little bit by each of us, will go a long way. Well done!!
Creator of

http://www.englishcoindatabase.co.uk
(Help identify English Coins)

http://www.treasurehunting.tv
(UK and Worldwide Metal Detecting and Treasure Hunting News)

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

Steve Rice wrote: Lee, you and a few others (I won't name names in case I miss somebody out) are a breath of fresh air. This is just what me and Barney hoped. A little bit by each of us, will go a long way. Well done!!
Cheers Steve, No worries mate.... I am just happy to try and help out where i can.... :g50:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

the barnacle

Post by the barnacle »

Lee, you and a few others (I won't name names in case I miss somebody out) are a breath of fresh air. This is just what me and Barney hoped. A little bit by each of us, will go a long way. Well done!
couldnt of said it better, :g50: i will ring my mp today to get an update and mention the food concernes, i am sure he will be interested if he thinks farming income could be affected, we need as many as we can to send emails / letters to the food industry,

come on all - next time you have a few mins spare just send the odd email or letter - it will make you feel much better knowing you have done something to protect our hobby, we should start a list of all who we can contact with contact details, i know phil has been looking into this but if we all work together it can work, :g46:

StuE
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by StuE »

lee greagsbey wrote:He told me that the Green Waste business was killed is Scotland as the retailers got on board and would not buy the crops grown in the ground that had been treated with or contained Green Waste as it could not be trusted, Because of cross contamination to the crops and then it's in the food chain..??? So the all boycotted crops grown it it that that was the final nail in the coffin...
Any references to this would be useful to send on to my MP. Can't see the retailers in Scotland being any different to those in the rest of the UK - so this could be the solution - always better than relying on the slow machinations of government!
Found any lead bag seals? Email a piccy to me for inclusion on The Bag Seal Gallery Ourpasthistory.com Image Gallery :: Lead Cloth & Bag Seals
Don't be a complete Banker, make a micro-loan - http://www.kiva.org/team/humanist

PhilD
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: Makro Racer
Location: Saving North Yorks finds for future generations by recording with PAS

Post by PhilD »

Here's a link to download the Contaminated Green Waste letter in Word format;
http://www.forumukdetectornet.co.uk/php ... ?id=114636
Click here to register with PAS
Makro Racer / ATPro Inter / T2 / Explorer II / Ace 250 / Garrett Pro Pinpointer / Etrex 10 GPS /Lumix TZ60/PAS Records - Click here

petethedig
Main Detector: Minelab Etrac

Post by petethedig »

Let's all remember that this is about getting companies to change their methods of ecreening, not to get them to go out of business. All we want are cleaner fields when this waste is spread on them. :g50:

Steve Rice

Post by Steve Rice »

petethedig wrote:Let's all remember that this is about getting companies to change their methods of ecreening, not to get them to go out of business. All we want are cleaner fields when this waste is spread on them. :g50:
If the companies aren't doing their job properly Pete, they deserve to go out of business. There are always other companies and other methods that will do the job properly.

If a cook keeps burning the pies - then maybe he ain't really a cook. :g62:
Creator of

http://www.englishcoindatabase.co.uk
(Help identify English Coins)

http://www.treasurehunting.tv
(UK and Worldwide Metal Detecting and Treasure Hunting News)

the barnacle

Post by the barnacle »

Steve Rice wrote:
petethedig wrote:Let's all remember that this is about getting companies to change their methods of ecreening, not to get them to go out of business. All we want are cleaner fields when this waste is spread on them. :g50:
If the companies aren't doing their job properly Pete, they deserve to go out of business. There are always other companies and other methods that will do the job properly.

If a cook keeps burning the pies - then maybe he ain't really a cook. :g62:
:g50: might not be what people want to hear but i would be happy to see all the problem composters go out of business for all the damage they have already caused to the environment, but i will be happy also for them just to change their ways and apologise to the environment agency.

liz

Post by liz »

If they are not doing their job properly then tough, get the cowboys out and the good guys in, probably only needs a change of management and a few less corners cut.

Return to “"Green Waste" Issues”