Two chances

All discussions and threads relating to the "Green Waste" issue should be placed in here.
When the green waste issue has been resolved, this forum and the threads within it
will either be moved or deleted.
AXE HEAD
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Makro Multi Kruzer

Two chances

Post by AXE HEAD »

I have been watching this thread over the past few weeks without yet making any comment, so I thought that I would look " green waste " up on Google.
After reading loads of advertisements from firms, farmers, and government departments, and seeing the amount of companies and money involved I have come to the conclusion that we as a group of weekend hobbyists have just
two chances of stopping this and that is, No chance, and No chance at all.
Just look at what we are up against. We are up against many companies who are employing hundreds of people
and making good money out of it.
We are also up against councils and government who like this convenient way of getting rid of green waste.
We will also be in direct opposition to the very people whose land we seek to detect on.
Just go into your browser, type in green waste and read on.
The picture you will get is of an industry that cares, with photos of recycled green waste tuned into fertiliser
being spread just like slurry. The name Green Waste gives an impression of waste that is not harmful.
We all put our waste into different bins these days with the green wast being the food bin.
There is always someone who will chuck the aluminium trays plus the left over food into the bin, instead of just the left overs, and I think this is just one small part of the problem.
If there are small amounts of aluminium getting through and getting shredded it is this that needs addressing.
while I don,t think that we have any chance of stopping the spreading of green waste, I think there could be more chance of getting better screening of the wast before shredding.
Perhaps that may be the route that we should be taking, rather than getting some farmers backs up in trying to get it stopped all together.
I don,t know what everyone thinks, but do go into your search and look up Green Waste.

Steve Rice

Re: Two chances

Post by Steve Rice »

I don,t think that we have any chance of stopping the spreading of green waste, I think there could be more chance of getting better screening of the wast before shredding.

Perhaps that may be the route that we should be taking, rather than getting some farmers backs up in trying to get it stopped all together.
When the petition was initially started, most of us, where not educated as to the ins/outs of Green Waste. I certainly fall into that category. However over the last 3 months, I have done my fair share of research.

I agree that Green Waste will never stop. In fact Green Waste, which is not contaminated, is the way forward. The problem is the contamination. The way to address this is to have better screening and huge fines given out to companies who fail to do so. That is the direction I think many of us, believe is the way to take. :g50:
Creator of

http://www.englishcoindatabase.co.uk
(Help identify English Coins)

http://www.treasurehunting.tv
(UK and Worldwide Metal Detecting and Treasure Hunting News)

Donnydave
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

I agree we are not against "GREEN" waste we are against contaminated green waste, it just needs to be screened properly :g58:

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

At the end off the day, I think we are all in agreement that the "Green Waste" industry needs cleaning up... :g58:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

PhilD
Main Detector: Makro Racer
Location: Saving North Yorks finds for future generations by recording with PAS

Post by PhilD »

I think the bottom line is the Stewardship of the land by Natural England in their Stewardship Agreements, what they say goes.

I had a look at the ELS Agreement but couldn't find the term 'Green Waste' to see any rules on it, so I think they should take a look at it.
Click here to register with PAS
Makro Racer / ATPro Inter / T2 / Explorer II / Ace 250 / Garrett Pro Pinpointer / Etrex 10 GPS /Lumix TZ60/PAS Records - Click here

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

PhilD wrote:I think the bottom line is the Stewardship of the land by Natural England in their Stewardship Agreements, what they say goes.

I had a look at the ELS Agreement but couldn't find the term 'Green Waste' to see any rules on it, so I think they should take a look at it.
:g43:....What about the official name for green waste (BSI PAS100)...????
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

PhilD

Post by PhilD »

Can't find a reference to that either in the ELS agreement Lee.

http://publications.naturalengland.org.uk/file/118057
Makro Racer / ATPro Inter / T2 / Explorer II / Ace 250 / Garrett Pro Pinpointer / Etrex 10 GPS /Lumix TZ60/PAS Records - Click here

lee greagsbey
Site Admin

Post by lee greagsbey »

PhilD wrote:Can't find a reference to that either in the ELS agreement Lee.

http://publications.naturalengland.org.uk/file/118057
So far all i can find is on page 16...

1.3.6 The Environmental Impact Assessment (Agriculture) (England) (No. 2) Regulations 2006
These regulations seek to protect environmentally important land from agricultural intensifi cation. Land managers are required to seek approval from Natural England before carrying out any work that would intensify the agricultural use of uncultivated land or semi-natural areas. The type of agricultural operations (‘projects’) covered include ploughing; cultivation; digging; scraping; draining; liming; reseeding; spreading soil or manure or any soil improver; increased application of fertiliser; broadcast spraying of any wide spectrum; and/or selective herbicide or any other work that increases the productivity of the land.
It is unlikely that ELS options will alter the status of land in relation to these regulations, but you should consider this before you apply. Enquiries about the regulations should be addressed to the Environmental Impact Assessment Helpline on 0800 028 2140.

May be helpful..???,
Lee
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

{P:

lee greagsbey
Site Admin

Post by lee greagsbey »

Page 29...

1.6.8 Agricultural Waste Regulations
You must abide by the Agricultural Waste Regulations. These regulations affect whether you can burn, bury or store your waste, use your waste on the farm or send it elsewhere. These regulations also control the spreading of ditch dredgings from farm ditches on agricultural land. You must hold an exemption to carry out this practice on your farm.

May be helpful...??,
Lee
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

{P:

the barnacle
UKDN Supporter - Platinum
Main Detector: Deus

Post by the barnacle »

i am pleased every time we have someone commenting on the green waste as the more that join in the better :g50:

i am steering more to the thought of the farmers need making aware whats in the waste and to stop them accepting it in the first place, along with better screening and regulating of contamination,

we could all sit back and give up but even if nothing changes i dont want to be awake at night knowing i knew about the problem but just never did anything, - the way we are trying to go is to get an investigation into it by an independent tv programme but that will only happen if enough mail or contact them.

if not in another few yrs you may as well put your detector in the green bin to give it a funeral on the field :g62:

Donnydave
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

the barnacle wrote:i am pleased every time we have someone commenting on the green waste as the more that join in the better :g50:

i am steering more to the thought of the farmers need making aware whats in the waste and to stop them accepting it in the first place, along with better screening and regulating of contamination,

we could all sit back and give up but even if nothing changes i dont want to be awake at night knowing i knew about the problem but just never did anything, - the way we are trying to go is to get an investigation into it by an independent tv programme but that will only happen if enough mail or contact them.

if not in another few yrs you may as well put your detector in the green bin to give it a funeral on the field :g62:
I wonder if watchdog would be interested :g43:

the barnacle
Main Detector: Deus

Post by the barnacle »

worth a try dave, anyone you can think of just cut and copy the letter and get it emailed, good thinking :g50:

AXE HEAD

Post by AXE HEAD »

I have been trying ,without success at the moment to get in touch with the directors of country file the Sunday farming and out doors program. So far I can only get in touch with the B.B.C through their Email, but I cannot get in touch directly with the producers or presenters. I will keep trying If there is anyone who knows how to get through
please let me know. I am not into Blogs, Texts, Tweets, or any of the new techy stuff being at the wrong end of sixty, perhaps this path could be exploited by the more technically advanced amongst us.

PhilD

Post by PhilD »

The producer's email address is on this link :g50: ;

http://www.forumukdetectornet.co.uk/php ... 8#p1048478

AXE HEAD

Post by AXE HEAD »

Thanks Phil.
Will now have a go and compose a letter.

Return to “"Green Waste" Issues”