Aluminium contamination

All discussions and threads relating to the "Green Waste" issue should be placed in here.
When the green waste issue has been resolved, this forum and the threads within it
will either be moved or deleted.
hammered
meble kuchenne warszawa

Aluminium contamination

Post by hammered »

Shooting Times 17th July 2015, page 5, a small report states Bees may be suffering a form of Alzheimer's disease due to exposure to aluminium, suggests a study by Keele and Sussex Uni. My thought is could this be a result of or part of the amount of Aluminium bits found in Green waste, as I've detected loads of bits of Aluminium from kitchen fittings on fields that have been spread with wood chip waste that has had mdf chopped up in it. Perhaps someone could contact the Uni or the Bee keepers association to see if this had been considered, as I'm sure the aluminium must leach into the soil and hence into the plants.
Hammered.

topdog
Main Detector: xp deus

Re: Aluminium contamination

Post by topdog »

July 2015 ?

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

topdog wrote:July 2015 ?

Searcher magazine when it comes out, id dated a month ahead.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

oldfossil

Post by oldfossil »

hammered wrote:Shooting Times 17th July 2015, page 5, a small report states Bees may be suffering a form of Alzheimer's disease due to exposure to aluminium, suggests a study by Keele and Sussex Uni. My thought is could this be a result of or part of the amount of Aluminium bits found in Green waste, as I've detected loads of bits of Aluminium from kitchen fittings on fields that have been spread with wood chip waste that has had mdf chopped up in it. Perhaps someone could contact the Uni or the Bee keepers association to see if this had been considered, as I'm sure the aluminium must leach into the soil and hence into the plants.
Hammered.
The good and bad thing about aluminium is that its relatively inert. With respect to the shooting times, maybe they could first consider the effects all that lead shot has had on the environment, its proven to cause brain damage, so with more respect to the shooting times reporter, he/she could maybe get tested for brain damage, before pointing the finger at coke cans!

Return to “"Green Waste" Issues”