Metal pollution hide British treasures forever

All discussions and threads relating to the "Green Waste" issue should be placed in here.
When the green waste issue has been resolved, this forum and the threads within it
will either be moved or deleted.
lee greagsbey
Site Admin
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Metal pollution hide British treasures forever

Post by lee greagsbey »

Sadly it's rising it's ugly head again... :g48:

"Metal pollution will hide British treasures forever, detectorists warn"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... g_share_fb
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

muddy
UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Re: Metal pollution hide British treasures forever

Post by muddy »

‘Green Waste’ is a nightmare. :g44:

the barnacle
UKDN Supporter - Platinum
Main Detector: Deus

Post by the barnacle »

we warned about this 10 yrs ago and even got it debated in parliament and on country file but detectorists failed to get behind the petitions. its not rising its ugly head again as it never went away.

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

the barnacle wrote:we warned about this 10 yrs ago and even got it debated in parliament and on country file but detectorists failed to get behind the petitions. its not rising its ugly head again as it never went away.
I remember it well barnacle, you, Steve Rice and Sir Bob Russell... I was one of the ones who answered the battle cry and tried to rally support but i fear apathy defeated us... :g51:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

dig-it-pete
Finds Advisor & Moderator
Finds Advisor & Moderator
Main Detector: Manticore

Post by dig-it-pete »

I am surprised that the archeologists and the BM are not putting their weight behind banning this pollution?

I remember seeing a recent feature on the Countryfile TV programme about the amount of plastic waste also being spread on the land through this green waste, which according to the companies that produced the waste, was well within the government regulations for plastic in waste - absolute tosh in my opinion, there should be no metal or plastic being spread on fields at all - what is the matter with these people? Is it just money that speaks now :g44: :g44: :g44:
Minelab Manticore

lee greagsbey
Site Admin

Post by lee greagsbey »

I know that it causes problems with the geophysics surveys... i recall David Williams telling me when the petitions were going around.
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

{P:

the barnacle
Main Detector: Deus

Post by the barnacle »

lee greagsbey wrote:
the barnacle wrote:we warned about this 10 yrs ago and even got it debated in parliament and on country file but detectorists failed to get behind the petitions. its not rising its ugly head again as it never went away.
I remember it well barnacle, you, Steve Rice and Sir Bob Russell... I was one of the ones who answered the battle cry and tried to rally support but i fear apathy defeated us... :g51:
I remember Lee, :g50: there's only so much time you can put in without backup until you become a mad man.
dig-it-pete wrote:I am surprised that the archeologists and the BM are not putting their weight behind banning this pollution?

I remember seeing a recent feature on the Countryfile TV programme about the amount of plastic waste also being spread on the land through this green waste, which according to the companies that produced the waste, was well within the government regulations for plastic in waste - absolute tosh in my opinion, there should be no metal or plastic being spread on fields at all - what is the matter with these people? Is it just money that speaks now :g44: :g44: :g44:
it was my footage used on country file - troble is its only us detectorists that see the problem as once ploughed in its gone - my local mp said it was fly tipped waste that i was reporting when i took the evidence to him.

Hectorsfarm_
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus V 5.1

Post by Hectorsfarm_ »

I had a whole Roman site ruined because of this and solar panel installations... :tears:

ageezer
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
Main Detector: deus /nokta pointer

Post by ageezer »

anglers are the worst of the lot dumping their rubbish in pristine areas ,beer cans and spam cans galore

paulh

Post by paulh »

I was asked by a dairy farmer to run my detector over a lorry load of bedding for his cattle, it was full of signals, he said there should be no metal in it, but it was full of the usual alloy fixings from kitchens etc. The problem is the farmers love it for bedding down the cattle as it is cheaper and more absorbent than straw, and of course they spread it all over their fields, he is aware of it but unfortunately it won't make any difference.

the-roman
Site Admin
Main Detector: XP Deus II

Post by the-roman »

Legalised field contamination which gets into the food chain, can't be good for human consumption in the long run. :g45: :g51:
XP Deus II - NCMD member.

muddy
UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by muddy »

the-roman wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:03 am Legalised field contamination which gets into the food chain, can't be good for human consumption in the long run. :g45: :g51:
Nothing will happen until it’s too late. It’s like the pollution of our seas, beaches and rivers. It all gets into the food chain. It’s a crying shame. How on earth was it allowed in the first place? Who is supposed to monitor it? :g44:

the-roman
Site Admin
Main Detector: XP Deus II

Post by the-roman »

muddy wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:19 pm
the-roman wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:03 am Legalised field contamination which gets into the food chain, can't be good for human consumption in the long run. :g45: :g51:
Nothing will happen until it’s too late. It’s like the pollution of our seas, beaches and rivers. It all gets into the food chain. It’s a crying shame. How on earth was it allowed in the first place? Who is supposed to monitor it? :g44:
Totally agree mate :g50: wish I knew the answer :g50:
XP Deus II - NCMD member.

jcmaloney
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by jcmaloney »

paulh wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:15 pm I was asked by a dairy farmer to run my detector over a lorry load of bedding for his cattle, it was full of signals, he said there should be no metal in it, but it was full of the usual alloy fixings from kitchens etc. The problem is the farmers love it for bedding down the cattle as it is cheaper and more absorbent than straw, and of course they spread it all over their fields, he is aware of it but unfortunately it won't make any difference.

Shouldn`t be using mashed MDF as the glue is a known carcinogen.

http://www.organics-recycling.org.uk/up ... PAS111.pdf

ageezer
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
Main Detector: deus /nokta pointer

Post by ageezer »

We already have ultra processed foood to deal with

Return to “"Green Waste" Issues”