NCMD Digging Deep.

JBM
UKDN Valued Member and UKDN Magazine Contributer
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: XP Deus.

NCMD Digging Deep.

Post by JBM »

Have you read a copy of the NCMD Digging Deep just released.

If not then every detectorist should do so.

We all have new legal requirements to meet, as do landowners who are signed up to the various restrictive schemes that are in place. :g58: Jerry.
WHRADA Member.
NCMD member WR.

StuE
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
Main Detector: Deus

Re: NCMD Digging Deep.

Post by StuE »

Do you mean the Stewardship without tears article - You're not the JM asking all the questions are you Jerry???!!! ;) or the Message from Hampshire Countrywatch? And I see that busy body SE has got his name on the front page again!
Found any lead bag seals? Email a piccy to me for inclusion on The Bag Seal Gallery Ourpasthistory.com Image Gallery :: Lead Cloth & Bag Seals
Don't be a complete Banker, make a micro-loan - http://www.kiva.org/team/humanist

JBM
UKDN Valued Member and UKDN Magazine Contributer
Main Detector: XP Deus.

Post by JBM »

Hi Stue,yes thats the Digging Deep article and its only part of what is happening.

For some reason many detectorist are just hoping its going away and its not.

WHRADA will make a move to enable us to keep detecting even though things are being made more difficult.

Natural England are the vehicle being used to take our land away using the SSASi legistaion and then replacing it with HLS.

They are receiving funding from the EU which will also strengthen their hand.

We are already losing farms in the SW as a result of these changes and the back door tactics by archeologists and others.

Its to late in life to stop me personally but I fear for the younger detectorists.

Time for another coffee, I think.Jerry.
WHRADA Member.
NCMD member WR.

Mr-Deus

Post by Mr-Deus »

Good news we are out of the U.K. now, means the EU won’t be funding them

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney »

Mr-Deus wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:38 pm Good news we are out of the U.K. now, means the EU won’t be funding them

Unfortunately it isn`t that simple.

Look out for the new ELM Scheme..... Environmental Land Management which will embrace the historical and heritage environment aspect as well.

Mr-Deus

Post by Mr-Deus »

I think if they try to section of lands so people can not detect on , they will only drive it under ground, which is the last thing we need for this hobby ,ref sites of interest , it’s a shame that many housing estates sit on them now , or road ways going through them, and let’s not mention the tunnel that want to put through stone henge , Looks like some out there are jealous that a very extremely low number of detectorist have found some item which has been classed of significant interest ,and they now have their name in a history book with details of the find.
Let’s hope there are some people with common sense and can see a problem that can arise if they try to ban or restrict land that has been detected on for years including beaches.

Return to “General Interest”