Detecting club

rodp
meble kuchenne warszawa

Detecting club

Post by rodp »

I've tried in vain to find a local club. There's one at Bloxwich which Puffin reckons has a waiting list, it's a pain to get to from here anyway, one of those areas that has no direct route to. There's also one at Redditch apparently but that's another peculiar place to get to, I would end up going in a big semi circle and it's probably an hour from me and I don't really want to drive that far. :g45:

So far it appears that the one closest to me has closed (Wyre forest something or other). Now, does this mean there's not enough detectorists in the area to support a club or does it mean no-one wants to run a club? :g43:

The million dollar question is, should I look at starting a local club. Anyone got ANY input on this. I've been a member of many clubs through motor sport, diving, climbing etc but never actually started one, wouldn't even know how to attract members or run one.

Any help appreciated, even if it's just to say "don't bother, your being stupid"

Rod

Mal Asterley
UKDN Valued Supporter and Word Magazine Contributor
Main Detector: Arado 120B

Re: Detecting club

Post by Mal Asterley »

Hi Rod , It looks to me like starting a group or Club would be your best bet to me , if you are struggling there must be a lot more in the same position in the area so why not canvas them ?? . shame your not in my area I could help , good luck !!!! :g50: .

Mal .
Some Men were born great , some Men worked to be great , with me it was just natural !!

Cscope cs4pi. Fuji FinePix S2750HD . Fuji Finepix JX 530 Nikon coolpix ,Nikon D3000

History Hunter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter

Post by History Hunter »

Some members of Lune Valley club drive 40-50+ miles (one way) to attend meetings.. it all depends on your perceptions of club, their rallies and if they are worth spending the time and money joining them. Don't forget, it's not only what you get from a club but what you can give too..

rodp

Post by rodp »

HH, 40 / 50 miles seems a long way after work, especially when you've got the same trip back. Got to admit I would prefer something closer.

Mal, how would I find prospective members to canvas them ? That's one of the problems, I think.

Thanks for the input, keep it coming.
Rod

Mal Asterley

Post by Mal Asterley »

Not an easy question with an easy answer Rod but I would start with your nearest detector dealer and possibly give him a little self made leaflet to give out with a little message on asking if his customers are interested in forming a Club/Group ?? , the dealer should be happy to give them out because it could generate sales for him :g50: .

Mal .
Some Men were born great , some Men worked to be great , with me it was just natural !!

Cscope cs4pi. Fuji FinePix S2750HD . Fuji Finepix JX 530 Nikon coolpix ,Nikon D3000

sic odiggin
UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by sic odiggin »

You are looking a gift horse in the mouth.You are writing on one of the busiest metal detecting forums known to man! Use it to put an ad up and wait for the response :g50:
Today's the day! (Or that's what i've been telling myself for the past thirty years!)

Mal Asterley

Post by Mal Asterley »

Smart a**e Graham , I never thought of that , shouldnt you be working on stunning pictures ?????? .

Mal .

rodp

Post by rodp »

You are looking a gift horse in the mouth.You are writing on one of the busiest metal detecting forums known to man! Use it to put an ad up and wait for the response :g50:
Now, you're going to think this is a dumb question (but I'm far to old to be vain), where do I post it and how do I keep it at the top so "passing traffic" can see it.
Rod

Mal Asterley

Post by Mal Asterley »

Find the board index then add to it when it drops very low ???? .

Mal .

rodp

Post by rodp »

Mal Asterley wrote:Find the board index then add to it when it drops very low ???? .

Mal .
For some reason I thought "bumping", blatant or crafty was banned on here ??? Is it not ?
Rod

sic odiggin
UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by sic odiggin »

You could try asking one of the mods if they could lock it so it stays on the page or see if they would create some sort of listed discussion thread that is for new club members or people looking to join or start one :g50: You only need a few people to start it off and it will grow as more people find out about it.Have a word with a few of the folk on here with regards to a constitution and rules for members etc as things can get out of hand if the running is not good.

Graham alias sic o
Today's the day! (Or that's what i've been telling myself for the past thirty years!)

rodp

Post by rodp »

sic odiggin wrote:You could try asking one of the mods if they could lock it so it stays on the page or see if they would create some sort of listed discussion thread that is for new club members or people looking to join or start one :g50: You only need a few people to start it off and it will grow as more people find out about it.Have a word with a few of the folk on here with regards to a constitution and rules for members etc as things can get out of hand if the running is not good.

Graham alias sic o
Thanks, will do.
If the mods are reading these posts you will see I have already started a new thread to check out response, anything you can do to make it miore noticeable / keep it at the top for a while? Any other info would be appreciated.
Rod

PhilD
Main Detector: Makro Racer
Location: Saving North Yorks finds for future generations by recording with PAS

Post by PhilD »

Sorry posted on wrong thread and now copied it to here;

Nice article in Issue 1 of our Newsletter on starting a Club by Kev Woodward :D

download/file.php?id=55278

Where about's are you Rod, have you checked all the Clubs out?
Click here to register with PAS
Makro Racer / ATPro Inter / T2 / Explorer II / Ace 250 / Garrett Pro Pinpointer / Etrex 10 GPS /Lumix TZ60/PAS Records - Click here

rodp

Post by rodp »

Thanks Phil, replied on other thread. I'm getting mixed up now with all this cross posting :g42:

Rod

Return to “General Interest”