Archive CD Books

Peter B
meble kuchenne warszawa

Archive CD Books

Post by Peter B »

I've had a quick scan back through this forum and haven't seen this web site mentioned anywhere, so I thought I'd put it up here.

I was doing some detecting research in my county records office and amongst other documents I was using all four volumes of The Parochial History of Cornwall published in 1868. Wouldn't it be great, I thought, to have these volumes at home.

I went on the Net and found the books for sale for £250 - a bit much. But then I hit this web site http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/ Where I found all four volumes for sale on CD ROM for just £20 including P&P. And the great thing about having the volumes on CD ROM as against hard copy is that you can do a search on place names, family names and the like, and you go straight to the right chapter in the right volume, saving ages of search time on the hard copy with white cotton gloves on.

Little snippets like this, which realate to a farm near me, (and which I have edited a bit for brevity's sake), make the £20 a very worthwhile expenditure.

"..............His son Samuel purchased the manor and royalties in 1714, and it is now the property of his descendant, Edward. Treanno, or Tranno and Tregonnow, were held by the abovemaned in 1589. About thirty years ago a piece of gold resembling the broken link of a chain was turned up by the plough in one of the fields of the manor. It is considered by competent judges to be a piece of the "ring-money" described by Borlase and other writers, as used by the ancient Cornu-Britons. More recently, two ancient gold rings were found in a heap of sand which had been brought up for manure from under the cliff; one has a blue stone in it........."

Just makes you want to get out there doesn't it!!!!!

Cheers
Peter

Flinty

Post by Flinty »

Great stuff Peter - hope it helps with your research! :g50:

Return to “Publications”