Place your useful websites in the right categories please
Mal Asterley
UKDN Valued Supporter and Word Magazine Contributor
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Arado 120B

Lense suggestions for Nikon D3000

Post by Mal Asterley »

Hello all I am a keen fan of Bridge cameras mainly because of how simple they are to use and yet they give some magic results especially Fuji and Nikon Coolpix , but I decided to go for the full Monty and got the Nikon D3000 that comes with the 18/50 lense .

I did believe that I wouldn't get my head around it and almost sold it on but have decided to bite the bullet and keep it but I want a stronger lense with a bit of telephoto in it but a few suggestions from you experienced guys would help !!! , I have been looking at the 55/200mm but what do you think ??? .

If you reply please talk slowly without any long words :g58: .

Many thanks .

Mal .
Some Men were born great , some Men worked to be great , with me it was just natural !!

Cscope cs4pi. Fuji FinePix S2750HD . Fuji Finepix JX 530 Nikon coolpix ,Nikon D3000

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Re: Lense suggestions for Nikon D3000

Post by Old Git John »

Hello Mal you old tart.

May I suggest one which fits :hahaha:

Good to see you again mny friend. :g50:
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

Mal Asterley

Post by Mal Asterley »

Oh God I was just settling in again and you found me :g42: :g42: how you doing old timer ?? see I cant remember how old you are (younger than me I think ) hey were promoted arnt we ??? wot we like !! , good to see Ya Mate .

Mal .

Were like the 2 old fellas in the Muppet Show :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:
Some Men were born great , some Men worked to be great , with me it was just natural !!

Cscope cs4pi. Fuji FinePix S2750HD . Fuji Finepix JX 530 Nikon coolpix ,Nikon D3000

Puffin
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: Mark one gray matter

Post by Puffin »

70-300mm will give you a better distance coverage.
Deus, XP GMP, CS 4Pi, Canon 450d, Garmin GPS, PAS Self Recorder.
Hamster Count 55. Then so far this year 0 to the Deus.
Denarius Count 7. Then so far this year 0.

Donnydave
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

I bought the 55-300mm for my D3100 but it needs a lot of light I have hardly used it through the winter months I am wishing I had bought a cheaper bridge camera with a built in zoom :g58:

Mal Asterley

Post by Mal Asterley »

Thanks Puffs and Donny , I am asking about lenses but I don't know if I would be throwing good money after bad because I will possibly sell it and like Donny says buy another Bridge !!! .

Mal .

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

Mal Asterley wrote:Oh God I was just settling in again and you found me :g42: :g42: how you doing old timer ?? see I cant remember how old you are (younger than me I think ) hey were promoted arnt we ??? wot we like !! , good to see Ya Mate .

Mal .

Were like the 2 old fellas in the Muppet Show :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Every bugger is younger than ME, well maybe with the exception of you that is :shock: I am rapidly approaching 72, and with the mind of an ape.

Just to update you Mal, on Friday 5th April, went into hospital at 0700, at 0900 went into surgery for a total left knee replacement, at 1830 on the Monday I arrived back home in my flat, however, they did have the good grace to take the top off the box. All being well I should be back in the fields in three months.

Hows about you my son ? I can see that you are still asking silly bleedin' questions, which invite even sillier answers :hahaha: , but how are the important things in life Mal ?
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

Mal Asterley

Post by Mal Asterley »

Hello John you old Bugger :g50: , Me ? well I still have bits falling off me here and there , I went for a eye test last week and It took him well over an hour for the test and then he gave me the prescription but wouldn't let me choose the frames :g44: instead he gave me a letter for my Doctor to do bloods and tests because he thinks hes seen something possibly Diabetes , so now waiting for results !! .

In general I am fine (ha ha ) but need something to do and that's why im doing the photography , detecting is totally out for the future :g40: :g40: .

Go easy on that leg mate and get back into those fields (Lucky Sod).

Mal .

Mal Asterley

Post by Mal Asterley »

I took the Nikon for its first trip out yesterday to Wigg Island and impressed myself with this shot of the Runcorn/Widnes Bridge down the river , This was the 18/55mm lense on landscape setting (hand held) so I think the lense is ok for landscape and I just want a 200 for a little telephoto , what do you think ?? .

Mal .
Attachments
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG (645.16 KiB) Viewed 17908 times

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

I like that Mal., a good hand held shot with no blur, or is that the effect of the whiskey.

Bloody amazing what they can do with Meccano these days isn't it. :g41:

You take care pal, and I will try to ring you son me old pigeon. :hahaha:

Dave P
Main Detector: Teknetics T2

Post by Dave P »

Mal the 200mm lens' are fine, I use one with my Pentax, have a look on the Camera Exchange website, they do a cheaper Tamron lens to fit Nikons, Pentax, Canon etc and they are a very good lens, they have shops in Manchester and Chester.
I think I paid about £70 for mine, don't go any bigger than 200mm or you will get a lot of camera shake at full mag.
Also they have a good selection of second hand lens' that have been part exed. :g50: :g50: :g58:
FID Member
NMCD Member

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice,

Mal Asterley

Post by Mal Asterley »

Hi Dave , many thanks Mate I will give them a looking at :g50: .

Mal .

coenwolf
Registered User + UKDN Magazine Contributer

Post by coenwolf »

mal it depends what your going to use it for in the end ,your limited on choice due to the fact your camera does not have a built in drive motor .personally i would suggest the nikon 55-300vr it has vibration control for when you zoom out and can be bought for around £200 or less brand new .i cant work out donny daves response about light as if its darker you just up the iso setting .do not go for a 55-200 or 70-200 nikon lens as they have a really bad write up .if you ever need any help or advice one to one my phone number is available via p.m .and just to encourage you .i trod the same path 3 years ago and had to give up tecting .this is what i can do now with my nikons. also stick with nikon lenses tamron and sigma are not up to the same quality .
Attachments
henrietta the laughing duck.jpg
henrietta the laughing duck.jpg (607.84 KiB) Viewed 17877 times
FLICKR link to view my photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/31671466@N07/

Donnydave
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

coenwolf wrote:mal it depends what your going to use it for in the end ,your limited on choice due to the fact your camera does not have a built in drive motor .personally i would suggest the nikon 55-300vr it has vibration control for when you zoom out and can be bought for around £200 or less brand new .i cant work out donny daves response about light as if its darker you just up the iso setting .do not go for a 55-200 or 70-200 nikon lens as they have a really bad write up .if you ever need any help or advice one to one my phone number is available via p.m .and just to encourage you .i trod the same path 3 years ago and had to give up tecting .this is what i can do now with my nikons. also stick with nikon lenses tamron and sigma are not up to the same quality .
Thanks for the advice wolfie still learning :g50:

Return to “Photography”