OOPS..

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
deepseeker
UKDN Supporter - Diamond
UKDN Supporter - Diamond
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: XP Deus

OOPS..

Post by deepseeker »

sent from my PC using the keyboard

You are entitled to your opinion, even though it's wrong

ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

dig-it-pete
Finds Advisor & Moderator
Main Detector: Manticore

Re: OOPS..

Post by dig-it-pete »

Probably sold on fleabay :g42:
Minelab Manticore

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

Yeh, right.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

IronRon
UKDN Silver Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by IronRon »

Written off..
Just like that. :g43:

dig-it-pete

Post by dig-it-pete »

Absolutely disgusting - and they tell us they have no funds for more FLO's etc - do they live in the real world :g45:

Not reporting the loss to the Police until 5 years after they knew it went missing (or was stolen) How the hell can this be BM policy?

Not a happy bunny at all after reading this - we have also had club members who have had treasure items go missing - makes you wonder doesn't it :g43:
Minelab Manticore

IronRon

Post by IronRon »

Seems fishy .Nearly a million quid goes missing .. & it wrote of . :g51:

sandman1960
Main Detector: Deus & Equinox

Post by sandman1960 »

They are having a laugh, you couldn't make that up :g45: :g45: :g51:

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

Unbelievable.... :shock:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

oldfossil

Post by oldfossil »

dig-it-pete wrote: Not reporting the loss to the Police until 5 years after they knew it went missing (or was stolen) How the hell can this be BM policy?
It says it was reported to the police in 2011 ... it doesnt say when it went missing...
say you have a museum with 10 million items under your care ... how do you guard against items going missing... these things happen... luckily very rarely.
Ironically our hobby totally depends on people losing stuff, so the fact that the museum has had a loss, shouldnt be too much of a surprise to us.

oldfossil

Post by oldfossil »

lee greagsbey wrote:Unbelievable.... :shock:
Stuff gets nicked all the time ... a bottle of jack daniels from Asda ... A ring from the BM ... £200m from lloyds Bank ... I am totally failing to see any differences.

dig-it-pete

Post by dig-it-pete »

oldfossil wrote:
dig-it-pete wrote: Not reporting the loss to the Police until 5 years after they knew it went missing (or was stolen) How the hell can this be BM policy?
It says it was reported to the police in 2011 ... it doesnt say when it went missing...
say you have a museum with 10 million items under your care ... how do you guard against items going missing... these things happen... luckily very rarely.
Ironically our hobby totally depends on people losing stuff, so the fact that the museum has had a loss, shouldnt be too much of a surprise to us.
Do they have insurance cover I wonder?
Minelab Manticore

dig-it-pete

Post by dig-it-pete »

dig-it-pete wrote:
oldfossil wrote:
Surely something of that value would be locked in a safe and an audit done every year?

Just imagine if you worked at a top London jewellers and went up to the boss and said you had lost a ring worth £750,000? I do not think you would still have a job at the end of it :g45:

It is impossible to just loose something of that value - unless of course you are the BM :g64:
Minelab Manticore

oldfossil

Post by oldfossil »

dig-it-pete wrote:
oldfossil wrote:
VG question ... I dont see why not... the act of writing an item off, would I guess be the catalyst for making a claim.. but I'm no expert.

dig-it-pete

Post by dig-it-pete »

Should the BM be trusted anymore with treasure items? As they have surely proved now that they cant be :g43:
Minelab Manticore

oldfossil

Post by oldfossil »

dig-it-pete wrote: Surely something of that value would be locked in a safe and an audit done every year?

Just imagine if you worked at a top London jewellers and went up to the boss and said you had lost a ring worth £750,000? I do not think you would still have a job at the end of it :g45
It probably works just like that ... but every time the safe is opened there is a risk that it will go missing ... and as you say the audit is probably done every year. Many systems operate on trust ... so in the intervening 12 months some scum bag got their hands on it. hey ho as we say in Banking.

Return to “LATEST NEWS”