Metal detectors require registration

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
Deetektor
UKDN Gold Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
meble kuchenne warszawa

Metal detectors require registration

Post by Deetektor »

Bulgarian Culture Minister stands by decision: metal detectors require registration

Possession and use of a metal detector in Bulgaria requires registration with the
Culture Ministry and lack of such registration was a crime, Culture Minister Vezhdi
Rashidov said on February 10 in reply to a letter from Ilia Iliev, head of the
Bulgarian National Federation of Metal-detecting.

Support the PAS
You know it makes sense

Teknetics T2
XP Goldmaxx Power

lavalamp90

Re: Metal detectors require registration

Post by lavalamp90 »

That ain't good to hear :g45:

blankreverse
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
UKDN Supporter - Bronze

Post by blankreverse »

If that ever happened over here. What with our country and a labour goverment, you can guarantee it will cost us some dough to register on a yearly basic :g58:
Deus
Goldmax P including coils of: 11", 18"x15" & the 10"x5" eliptical
Adventis 2 including the 11" & 14"x12" coils
Laser B1
Bandido II umax
Tejon Pro

kernowworld

Post by kernowworld »

my name is brown , gordon brown i live in london , downing street to be precise ... i am buying this detector .. to urrmm... find .. even more money .. its number 10 i live in ... you loose it once , twice , three times a loser .. it will pay .. for ....urrmm green things
ooops sorry .. i will get my coat

Deetektor

Post by Deetektor »

Things are a little different out there. Parts of Europe have suffered enormously at
the hands of treasure hunters, detecting for profit alone.
Support the PAS
You know it makes sense

Teknetics T2
XP Goldmaxx Power

petethedig
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: Minelab Etrac

Post by petethedig »

Many of the old Eastern Block country's have flooded the black market with illicit finds that in their country's is breaking the law. It shows the fragility of what we have too, because if we continue not to record our finds, as many still don't with the PAS, then we are heading in that same direction. This is not just my view, but that of some senior archaeologist in the country who think that far too much information is still being lost. Often makes me feel like we're living on borrowed time. :g48:

Donnydave
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

petethedig wrote:Many of the old Eastern Block country's have flooded the black market with illicit finds that in their country's is breaking the law. It shows the fragility of what we have too, because if we continue not to record our finds, as many still don't with the PAS, then we are heading in that same direction. This is not just my view, but that of some senior archaeologist in the country who think that far too much information is still being lost. Often makes me feel like we're living on borrowed time. :g48:
I agree Pete its no hardship to record your finds and its only the old ones that need to be recorded, I quite look forward to meeting our local FLO once or twice a month, and if it helps save our hobby wheres the harm? :g43:

damnyankeeuk

Post by damnyankeeuk »

Ebay will lose a fortune if the eastern European sources dry up. Not a bad thing though in my opinion...

Rob M

Post by Rob M »

blankreverse wrote:If that ever happened over here. What with our country and a labour goverment, you can guarantee it will cost us some dough to register on a yearly basic :g58:
Being honest though...would that actually be such a bad thing? providing the raised funding goes to a good cause such as PAS or other historical recording or restoration. It would give us better press from being regulated and less of a leg for the synical history buffs to stand on when they call us a bunch of unruley treasure hunters after a quick buck

m300572

Post by m300572 »

Rob M wrote:
blankreverse wrote:If that ever happened over here. What with our country and a labour goverment, you can guarantee it will cost us some dough to register on a yearly basic :g58:
Being honest though...would that actually be such a bad thing? providing the raised funding goes to a good cause such as PAS or other historical recording or restoration. It would give us better press from being regulated and less of a leg for the synical history buffs to stand on when they call us a bunch of unruley treasure hunters after a quick buck
It would probably cost a minimum of £50 to register, just to cover admin costs. It could be done on a register for several years basis (I think shotgun ceertificates are for three years and its about £50 but there are likely more shotgun users than detectorists so economies of scale may apply here)

Return to “LATEST NEWS”