Dorset big cat 'seen 30 times recently'

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
Baldric
Site Moderator - UKDN Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: XP DEUS

Dorset big cat 'seen 30 times recently'

Post by Baldric »

What looks like a 'big cat' has been spotted 30 times in West Dorset since Christmas, according to a man who is trying to discover the truth about the legendary big Dorset cat.

Click Here
Just because you are not paranoid, it does not mean that they are not out to get you

Troy Shadow X3, Shadow X5, XP ORX and now the DEUS 1

dunk
Main Detector: XP DEUS

Re: Dorset big cat 'seen 30 times recently'

Post by dunk »

People laugh at these sightings, but I have seen one here in darkest deepest Nottinghamshire a few years ago. I was checking a field out during harvest time around 8 years ago and spotted it next to big round bales. It appeared to be the size of an alsatian dog. I was that convinced of what I saw I would not get out of the car and immediately went round to tell the farmer. He must have thought Id been on the P**s and laughed but I tell you, They are out there

Cheers Dunk

lordmartin
Main Detector: Excalibur.

Post by lordmartin »

A couple of years ago my mate out detecting spotted one not far from York.
Minelab- Excalibur
Tesoro- Silver Sabre II, Silver Sabre Micro,
Compass Yukon 77B

Zero Population Growth!

Donnydave
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

If it can do that to sheep and cattle humans are,nt safe especially children :g43:

cheapo

Post by cheapo »

I remember MANY year ago a programme about these so called big cats on the loose,i would just say where is the evidence.There has been pro snipers/photographers/film makers,and still NO hard evidence.
Until there is,i wont believe it.And lets face it those who believe have had atleast 20 years to prove it :g43:.

dirtgod

Post by dirtgod »

Me to i sore one only about twenty feet away near melton mowbray,i could not believe it so pulled up in the van and jumped out to look over the headge it wentthrough,then thought what the hell am i doing and proper s!!t me self thinking what looked like a black panther was going to eat me up lol.my aprentice would not get out but hey he was skinny and might of looked like a bone.
so they are def out there ,oh and all my mates said yeh you must of been p!!t up.
a few months after this in local paper there was a thing about all the sighting of it so there i must of been sober lol

crepitis

Post by crepitis »

As far as the Big Cat sightings go , and they occur all over the British Isles, there are two conclusions you can draw. :g43:

1. There are a lot of very convincing, enthusiastic liars out there who have nothing to gain but ridicule.

OR

2.These big cats, however they may have got there , are definately "out there".

There are so many sightings I tend to side with the second conclusion. :g43:

blankreverse
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
UKDN Supporter - Bronze

Post by blankreverse »

My sisters dog did a shrap u turn once after going through brambles after rabbits. There was this almighty spitting and hissing, though we never saw it but was deffo big cat by the sound it made. Over the years there have been quite a few sightings around my area.
Deus
Goldmax P including coils of: 11", 18"x15" & the 10"x5" eliptical
Adventis 2 including the 11" & 14"x12" coils
Laser B1
Bandido II umax
Tejon Pro

davieb1974

Post by davieb1974 »

It's highly unlikely there are still big cats wild in the British Isles, maybe in the past, before zoo licensing, when there were private collections some escaped but there would not have been significant numbers to keep a wild population going. Now days any collection housing wild animals are inspected routinely and all animals are accounted for from birth to death. I have been called out to sightings of big cats on many occasions (people drive past a safari park, see something running across the road and put 2 and 2 together and come up with 7!) The last time a guy swore he saw a bear when walking his dog, the prints left from the "bear" turned out to be a dog when I measured them. If the numbers did exist to keep a wild population going then I'm sure at least one would have turned up by now, either shot or found dead by natural causes.

garylq

Post by garylq »

How come dead ones have never been found? For example if one of these big cats got knocked down by a car crossing a road. To sustain the population there would have to be lots of them out there.

It's weird that loads of people claim to have seen these big cats, yet none of them ever seem to have a camera with them.

lordmartin
Main Detector: Excalibur.

Post by lordmartin »

garylq wrote:How come dead ones have never been found? For example if one of these big cats got knocked down by a car crossing a road. To sustain the population there would have to be lots of them out there.

It's weird that loads of people claim to have seen these big cats, yet none of them ever seem to have a camera with them.
How often do you walk about with a camera on you?
There have obviously been one or two let out at sometime. They have been spotted numerous times over the years. Whether there are any still any alive is not known but I have seen film on the tv before of one walking along a field edge and it was not a dog, and as i say my mate saw one about 5 years ago and he is 100% sure of what it was. ( Of course you could say the film was rigged.)
It is in my opinion there have been a few out there. Very doubtful they have bred and will die off unknown in the bushes or wherever in time.
Minelab- Excalibur
Tesoro- Silver Sabre II, Silver Sabre Micro,
Compass Yukon 77B

Zero Population Growth!

Karv
Main Detector: Minelab Manticore

Post by Karv »

Take a read ... http://www.britishbigcats.org/
They're out there but like every threat to people, its managed - if you say "yes, theyre out there" evryone locally would be up in arms about it and panic would ensue. Dismissing it as hearsay and rumour and then covertly tackling the problem while Joe Public is blissfully unaware is a much better way to manage the situation allegedly, rather than having lynch mobs running rife with guns blazing etc.

Safeguard the future of our hobby by recording with the PAS

Return to “LATEST NEWS”