Battle of Agincourt.

bluem00n
meble kuchenne warszawa

Battle of Agincourt.

Post by bluem00n »

If you're out detecting Sunday 25th October please take a minute out to remember the 600th anniversary of the Battle of Agincourt.
It was an iconic battle in our history and one of the main events that got me interested in history when I was a kid. :g26:
Respect to Henry V and his Band of Brothers! :clap

There could be an even more important victory to mark this anniversary if City beat the Reds!! :g46:

zoomorphic
Registered User + UKDN Magazine Contributer
Main Detector: etrac

Re: Battle of Agincourt.

Post by zoomorphic »

coincidence but i stayed on a site down Norfolk recently,Erpingham,where a famous knight lived,he led Henrys longbow archers in the battle

tripehound
Main Detector: The mighty Etrac

Post by tripehound »

A lot of the longbow men came from Lancashire. That is why so many Lancashire councils still have arrows on their coats of arms. Middleton church,just North of Manchester, St.Leonards, has the oldest war memorial in the UK. Being a stained glass window to commemorate the local archers at the 'Battle of Flodden', 1513.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of ... _Middleton

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

The battle of Agincourt ! And there has been me since the age of 12 believing that it was a fight between geriatric barristers,
being known as Aging Court. What a plonker :hahaha:
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

strapenddave
Consortium Member
Consortium Member

Post by strapenddave »

My family got its family crest and coat of arms as a result of my ancester John Wodehouse (family name now Woodhouse) being knighted at Agincourt for protecting the king who was under attack. I have a signet ring with the family crest on it that has been passed down through the family. The crest is an arm holding a club.

Return to “General History”