UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Garrett GTI 2500
Location: Atop the mouth of the South......... Southampton, Hampshire

Re: My New Toy

Post by marcsdigs »

I think that may have been Peter Powell :emb1:

Peter Powell
Peter Powell developed the dual-line stunt kite in 1972, the kite that can claim the biggest impact on modern kiting. He used extra lines to improve the balance of the kite. He gained fame by winning the silver diploma for his kite at the Exhibition of New Inventions and Techniques in Geneva in 1975 and by winning the British “Toy of the Year” award in 1976. Powell’s kite was the first to be accepted as an adult kite rather than a child’s toy.

Over the last two decades, improvements in design and materials have accelerated the popularity of kites. Rather than being viewed just as a children’s toy, kiting is now recognized as a recreational sport and an art form.
My nicer finds HERE - Machines used - Garrett GTI 2500 & Pro Pinpointer
Record finds at ukdfd.co.uk, finds.org.uk
View my FLICKR photos Click Here

Puffin
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: Mark one gray matter

Post by Puffin »

Once I'd got the kite into a stable air flow, it was like it was nailed to the sky. A shower front went past and the kite handled it well but did bounce around a bit. I mount the rig about 50feet below the kite, that way the kite stays more or less in the clean air while you are attaching the rig. I attach the single line to a pig tail dog stake, the type you screw into the ground, this allows me to walk towards the kite with a carabina on the line to control everything without pulling in or letting out line. Gloves are a must, as these KAP kites are large and generate a lot of lift and the line will burn your hands!!!!

The Peter Powell kites are a stunt two line kite, they have a built in unstablity that is controlled by pulling right or left on the individual control lines. The KAP kite is a large SINGLE line kite, http://www.kapshop.com/index.php?cPath=3 as seen on this site. They need to be stable flyers and lift anywhere up to 1kg in weight.
Deus, XP GMP, CS 4Pi, Canon 450d, Garmin GPS, PAS Self Recorder.
Hamster Count 55. Then so far this year 0 to the Deus.
Denarius Count 7. Then so far this year 0.

blankreverse
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
UKDN Supporter - Bronze

Post by blankreverse »

Yep gloves is a must.. :g42:

To get mine down i walk down the line with a little "V" pulley built on a handle. Winding the line in manually kills the arms and hands.. :g58:
Deus
Goldmax P including coils of: 11", 18"x15" & the 10"x5" eliptical
Adventis 2 including the 11" & 14"x12" coils
Laser B1
Bandido II umax
Tejon Pro

Return to “Photography”