The Discovery That Could Rewrite Aussie History

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
James247Kent
meble kuchenne warszawa

The Discovery That Could Rewrite Aussie History

Post by James247Kent »

The discovery that could rewrite Australian history: Ancient copper coins suggest the country was found SIX CENTURIES before Captain Cook arrived
Coins found date back as early as the 900s - six centuries before Captain Cook claimed the island for the British throne in 1770

They were thought to have originated from a former African sultanate in Kilwa, near modern-day Tanzania

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... sland.html

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z2Tu6KORNv Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Interesting Read.....

James... :g50:

beachcombermike
Registered User + UKDN Magazine Contributer
Main Detector: shadow x5

Re: The Discovery That Could Rewrite Aussie History

Post by beachcombermike »

it's always possible of course as many ancient seamen have been known to have landed on Australian shores before cook got here but I know of at least one person here that found an ancient ROMAN coin just north of Sydney and I somehow doubt that they came this far. mike. :g43:

Donnydave
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

Gavin Menzies wrote the book 1421 The Year China Discovered the World a great read but scoffed at by Australian experts, but Menzies reckons that the fleet included ships from Africa?

Puffin
Main Detector: Mark one gray matter

Post by Puffin »

beachcombermike wrote:it's always possible of course as many ancient seamen have been known to have landed on Australian shores before cook got here but I know of at least one person here that found an ancient ROMAN coin just north of Sydney and I somehow doubt that they came this far. mike. :g43:
Its also possible that a returning WW1 soldier may have picked up a hand full of interesting coins in an African market before returning home? :g43:
Deus, XP GMP, CS 4Pi, Canon 450d, Garmin GPS, PAS Self Recorder.
Hamster Count 55. Then so far this year 0 to the Deus.
Denarius Count 7. Then so far this year 0.

flipperbrownsnout

Post by flipperbrownsnout »

beachcombermike wrote:it's always possible of course as many ancient seamen have been known to have landed on Australian shores before cook got here but I know of at least one person here that found an ancient ROMAN coin just north of Sydney and I somehow doubt that they came this far. mike. :g43:
remember reading some years back of a person who found 4 or 5 in his back yard over there

Return to “LATEST NEWS”