Night hawking

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
Spanishcity
meble kuchenne warszawa

Night hawking

Post by Spanishcity »

I was looking forward to aday off from work and aday to myself so on the Saturday morning I headed to my local farm and started to search near a small river that runs alongside one of the fields. I have took some nice finds off this field and was feeling lucky I just stood up from digging signal and seen a man standing there with his dog .hi he said had any luck .yes I replied I have just got a small hammered i went in my pouch and showed him my finds . He said your on the wrong side of the river you should be over thee other side the field has just been turned over and it's never been turned over before. We have been taken the dogs over at night times when it's dark the church own the land and no one seems to mind .i said is that not night hawking he said who cares we have took some nice stuff off there ii tried to get my point over that this is against the law but he seemed to think it was ok and invited me to go over and search it with him I said no and he saidyour afool if you don't give it a go should or can I report him or should I just let it go now i know how we can sometimes get a bad name

unrhif

Re: Night hawking

Post by unrhif »

I think you should look up the law and not rely on peoples opinions.
You seem to be coming up with some some very interesting questions?

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

Have you done the first thing you should have ? Tell the farmer what you know, then between you decide on a plan of action.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

kev woodward
Site Admin
Main Detector: XP Deus 1

Post by kev woodward »

Inform the landowner and the local police that nighthawking is a strong possibility on this field as detecting is unlawful without the landowners permission. Worst case scenario, if you do nothing, is that the landowner withdraws your permission due to others leaving holes everywhere and stealing his property.
I have become comfortably numb

Spanishcity

Post by Spanishcity »

unrhif wrote:I think you should look up the law and not rely on peoples opinions.
You seem to be coming up with some some very interesting questions?
That's because I'm an interesting person

baza
UKDN Supporter - Silver
UKDN Supporter - Silver

Post by baza »

what's going to stop him trying your side of the river and when he does are you going to stand ther and let him carry on and stealing your finds from under your nose, go and speak to the landowner and then send in the dogs ::A ::A ::A

Donnydave
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

Typical nighthawker, done it for years and can,t see any harm in it. Report him to the landowner before he gets the jump on you. We had two lads nighthawking our fields, or should I say dayhawking, gift of the gab and tried convincing us they had permission. But I left it to long when I went to tell the farmer the following Sunday they had approached him for permission stating they where our friends :g44: I tried explaining to the farmer I did not know them and I had seen them the week previous detecting without permission, but instead of banning them, he seemed to get huffy with me :g51: they still detect and probably cleared our fields we have hardly found anything since they poached our permission. At least our other farmer in that area did not fall for it and told them to get lost, realising who it was after I had told him how his uncle had fell for the ploy :g58:

Return to “LATEST NEWS”