Shocking contents of the River Thames

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
lee greagsbey
Site Admin
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Shocking contents of the River Thames

Post by lee greagsbey »

"There's something in the water: the shocking contents of the River Thames"

A read from the Thames again... :g50:

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/es ... 91461.html
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

IronRon
UKDN Silver Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Silver Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Re: Shocking contents of the River Thames

Post by IronRon »

In another life, many years ago, i worked on the thames bridges.Four in total . Hammersmith , the Albert .. Westminster & london bridge . Toshing, if you dont understand what toshing is ,, Its painting .

You would be surprise At low tide what you would see floating bye heading towards the estuary. Hundred of french letters & human waste .. It never made it to the estuary though. At high tide you would see the same waste heading back ..

one of the lads who lived locally used to get their early in the morning at low tide ,, & beach comb . he used to find quite a few discarded guns on the south side of the thames at low water,
I allso remember he found a load of jewish silver coins , Which he handed in ..
It was a cold & miserable job in the winter . Low paid, & no health & safety then , If you complained ,, You were out of a job,

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Re: Shocking contents of the River Thames

Post by lee greagsbey »

Hi IR,

Thank you for that insight, i find stories like that very interesting and thank you for teaching me a new word "toshing"... :g50:

I know what you mean about cold & miserable jobs in the winter... :g58: fruit tree pruning is a pretty cold one for me but training and tiring in the roses on the wall gardens walls can be chilly also as you can't were gloves doing it! But at least none of them jobs are above the cold river with a wind coming along it, respect for doing that one... :g25: :g50:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

Return to “LATEST NEWS”