Metal detectorists arrested over Beeston Castle

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
lee greagsbey
Site Admin
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Metal detectorists arrested over Beeston Castle

Post by lee greagsbey »

"Metal detectorists arrested over Beeston Castle stolen artefacts"

Sadly another case of nighthawking this time Beeston castle... :g44:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-51021886
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

dig-it-pete
Finds Advisor & Moderator
Finds Advisor & Moderator
Main Detector: Manticore

Re: Metal detectorists arrested over Beeston Castle

Post by dig-it-pete »

Yes more idiots bringing our hobby into disrepute - hope they throw the book at them and they are never allowed to join any club or the NCMD :g45: :stern:
Minelab Manticore

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

dig-it-pete wrote:Yes more idiots bringing our hobby into disrepute - hope they throw the book at them and they are never allowed to join any club or the NCMD :g45: :stern:
I totally agree Pete... :g58: its happening more and more... at least they are arresting them now, like you i hope its more than a caution... :g43:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

bryan162
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by bryan162 »

I live close to a scheduled monument which I try to police, so far I have thrown 2 idiots off on separate occasions during the day.
Got a mouthful from one threatening to punch my lights out, just replied that the police will add assault to illegal use of a metal detector and it should be good for around 5 years inside. Walked off mumbling to himself and so far I haven't seen him since, I absolutely loath illegal idiots spoiling my hobby.
Hammereds 2012 (44)
Roman 2012 (33)

lee greagsbey
Site Admin

Post by lee greagsbey »

bryan162 wrote:I live close to a scheduled monument which I try to police, so far I have thrown 2 idiots off on separate occasions during the day.
Got a mouthful from one threatening to punch my lights out, just replied that the police will add assault to illegal use of a metal detector and it should be good for around 5 years inside. Walked off mumbling to himself and so far I haven't seen him since, I absolutely loath illegal idiots spoiling my hobby.
Well done Bryan... :g50: :g38: it's a shame that you have had to do that in the first place in all honesty. Becareful and don't put yourself in any danger... :g6: but if i were you i would report it to the authority who are the custodians of the site and to the local police so there is a dialogue of events should they return, it would most probably help with a prosecution or at the very least the local ranger etc... may keep a eye out!.. :sherlock:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

{P:

JBM
UKDN Valued Member and UKDN Magazine Contributer
Main Detector: XP Deus.

Post by JBM »

:g44: Will these idiots never learn ?????????

Jerry.
WHRADA Member.
NCMD member WR.

Return to “LATEST NEWS”