Archaeologists warn excavations needed in a field

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
lee greagsbey
Site Admin
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Archaeologists warn excavations needed in a field

Post by lee greagsbey »

"Archaeologists warn excavations needed in a field earmarked for 100 homes in Cross Road, Deal"

A read from Kent... :g50:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/deal/news/ ... ng-220002/
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

dig-it-pete
Finds Advisor & Moderator
Main Detector: Manticore

Re: Archaeologists warn excavations needed in a field

Post by dig-it-pete »

Far too many new homes being built in my opinion - we have had thousands of them in all of the towns around here in the last 5 years or so and all on green field sites - all that history lost :g51:
Minelab Manticore

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

Couldn't agree more Pete... government indicative targets sadly i believe, around hear the army pulled out of Bordon and the who town is being rebuilt and developed which is fine because its was all old military barracks and pretty grotty housing which the housing has been updated and modernized and the many barrack areas demolished. Allowing 1000's of new housing has been built of a realistic variety of sizes... so who did they fill the need to pass planning for 80, 5 bedroom houses a few miles away resulting on me losing a detecting site and planning was originally denied as its breeches the SSI protection for the Dartford Warbler and Nightjar inculde the village gap... then another application goes in and it gets passed... :swag:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

dig-it-pete
Main Detector: Manticore

Post by dig-it-pete »

lee greagsbey wrote:Couldn't agree more Pete... government indicative targets sadly i believe, around hear the army pulled out of Bordon and the who town is being rebuilt and developed which is fine because its was all old military barracks and pretty grotty housing which the housing has been updated and modernized and the many barrack areas demolished. Allowing 1000's of new housing has been built of a realistic variety of sizes... so who did they fill the need to pass planning for 80, 5 bedroom houses a few miles away resulting on me losing a detecting site and planning was originally denied as its breeches the SSI protection for the Dartford Warbler and Nightjar inculde the village gap... then another application goes in and it gets passed... :swag:
I would love to know how the government arrived at their figure for new housing - just a figure plucked out of the air. Hardly any new houses built here for the young people that live here.
Minelab Manticore

Return to “LATEST NEWS”