isle of thanet notification scheme raised

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
ageezer
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: deus /nokta pointer

isle of thanet notification scheme raised

Post by ageezer »

https://theisleofthanetnews.com/2020/11 ... on-scheme/

The Ramsgate councillor said: “This has not been communicated to metal detector users very well as I only found myself out by chance. I cannot even say if it is an officer or a member decision.

“I understand the need for a code of conduct for metal detecting in some of the environmentally sensitive areas, more so to respect the sites of specific scientific interest . But metal detecting takes place mostly in the wet and soft sandy areas of the populated bays and beaches well away from any SSSI . Overall there is nothing to find in the areas of SSSI anyway.

“Perhaps there may be a need for a bit of discipline metal detecting on the soft sand, especially when people are still relaxing on the beach at 5pm with someone deciding to metal detect close up to their feet .

“TDC cite the digging of holes on the beach by metal detector users as an issue. Yet the same beaches are where children dig sandcastles and mechanical diggers operate at times. Surely this decision should have gone out to consultation, involving metal detector users to draft up a code of conduct? If it had, then why was the wider metal detector community not informed?

Return to “LATEST NEWS”