One of England's 'first ever gold coins' is dug up in Devon field: Rare 1257 token bearing portrait of King Henry III is

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
lee greagsbey
Site Admin
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

One of England's 'first ever gold coins' is dug up in Devon field: Rare 1257 token bearing portrait of King Henry III is

Post by lee greagsbey »

"One of England's 'first ever gold coins' is dug up in Devon field: Rare 1257 token bearing portrait of King Henry III is one of only EIGHT in existence and could earn its finder £400,000"

A read from Devon... :g50:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... y-III.html
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

bodvoc
Consortium Member
Consortium Member

Re: One of England's 'first ever gold coins' is dug up in Devon field: Rare 1257 token bearing portrait of King Henry II

Post by bodvoc »

Another fantastic find that furthers our knowledge of the past.
All power to the finder.
Professionally aimless wandering.

seDEUSed

dig-it-pete
Finds Advisor & Moderator
Finds Advisor & Moderator
Main Detector: Manticore

Re: One of England's 'first ever gold coins' is dug up in Devon field: Rare 1257 token bearing portrait of King Henry II

Post by dig-it-pete »

We have permissions in that village too :g40:

This is a link to the 'live' Spink auction for the coin... https://live.spink.com/auctions/4-4KJC8 ... -henry-iii
Minelab Manticore

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

dig-it-pete wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:54 am We have permissions in that village too :g40:

This is a link to the 'live' Spink auction for the coin... https://live.spink.com/auctions/4-4KJC8 ... -henry-iii
Unlucky Pete, to be honest you did pop into my mind when I posted this article as it's in your part of the country, but it turns out that's its alittle more closer!
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

Return to “LATEST NEWS”