Climate change threatening buried UK treasures

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
lee greagsbey
Site Admin
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Post by lee greagsbey »

Best get them sprinklers going on them Peat bogs.... :g43:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60091485
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

OldHarry
Main Detector: Deus & Simplex+

Re: Climate change threatening buried UK treasures

Post by OldHarry »

More bull$hit to keep the buggers employed in 'rescue'. If it's that desperate why don't these scroungers fund the excavations? Hahahaha!
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. [FID & NCMD member]

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Re: Climate change threatening buried UK treasures

Post by lee greagsbey »

Unfortunately working with the horticultural sector all my life, harvesting Peat has been a dirty word for along time now, hence the whole composted green waste issue etc.. looking for cheap viable alternatives! Peat bogs are some of the rarest ecological habitats in the planet and are very delicate ecosystems. They are drying out and also the harvesting of Peat for fuel and for the horticultural sector is releasing vast amounts of carbon hence the incoming ban.

"Peat sales to gardeners in England and Wales to be banned by 2024"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... ed-by-2024

"Sales of peat compost to gardeners to be banned from 2024"

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... SApp_Other

The National Trust are doing great work as we speak flying in rocks with helicopters and daming up or slowing the ditches, that were dug in to the Peat bogs in the past to drain them. using the land for grazing I believe was the intended use, this is to keeping them saturated and stopping the carbon being leased. So even if we wanted to dig out any artifacts or archeological areas I seriously doubt permission would be granted from a ecological and environmental point of view.... :g43:
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

Return to “LATEST NEWS”