Museum Funding

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
petem
meble kuchenne warszawa

Museum Funding

Post by petem »

Gordon Brown to announce cuts in funding.

See Here

Linnet44

Post by Linnet44 »

if they start to charge for entry then attendance will fall
and less exhibits are needed and less staff
i think it will hit everybody
when i said charge for entry that is what he wants anyway
he's not a owt for nowt man is he

petem

Post by petem »

Will the cuts affect the PAS i wonder?

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Yes they'll affect all heritage bodies. However, our budget is tiny compared to some projects so cuts would have a greater impact on us.

petem

Post by petem »

Not good news for you the Dan.

Flinty

Post by Flinty »

I think that is bad news - for just about everyone concerned - whichever side of the counter you happen to be on. No doubt the money will be spent on other worthy causes?! :x

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I like the olympics, but if you cut out the dodgy sports they could save a fortune. Heritage should be one of the biggest draws within London during the Olympic period.

Georgian Tim
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Georgian Tim »

What a glorious victory it was winning the Olympic bid. The genius in cooking the books to win it was outstanding, as will be the accounting that rapes everything else to pay for it.
I have been Deus'd

Deetektor
UKDN Gold Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Gold Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by Deetektor »

The BM has never charged an entrance fee has it ?, not in recent times anyway.
Support the PAS
You know it makes sense

Teknetics T2
XP Goldmaxx Power

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

It did, but I can't remember when. There's been quite a few articles kicking around re museum funding and entrance fees with the country's major directors denouncing the cuts. The papers today mention the squeeze on the BBC as well. It's all round...
It is not just the big O, it is war that also drains funds....

allan ashford

Post by allan ashford »

Baiscally a combination of things that the majority of the public did not want....amazing how things can be done in our name - war, olympics, etc I imagine if a referendum was held on most subjects the people wuld not be in favour.That bloody logo for the Olympics £400,000 or something - my 12 year old son would have done better - what a load of bo**ocks.
I actually think that a nominal fee £2.00 or something for entry to musems is not that bad How many people vistited the London Musem last year I wonder ?.As long as the money stayed in the right place and not siphoned off to pay for the sand in the beach volleyball pit!.Must admit that is one of the better"sports" to be introduced...lol cant guess why

Flinty

Post by Flinty »

Which war are we talking about here?? If you are talking about military operations in Iraq/Afghanistan, I fail to see how this could affect museum funding in the UK?? The expenditure required to fund those operations is not enormous where defence budgets are concerned and for the government to claim that belt-tightening is required from museum funding is bizarre in the extreme. :?:

allan ashford

Post by allan ashford »

When you read about the BILLIONS it is costing to run these conflicts you think that the money will grow on trees? The goverment BUDGETS for annual expenditure I am sure that in the last ones they did no sneak in a paragraph "3 billion for possible conflict costs just in case" They have to at least try and balance the books and its not just the smaller funded projects stealth taxes galor just to pay for it and we will be the ones paying

Acanthus

Post by Acanthus »

Funny thing is England could of got a few contracts out of the wars but sadly they have all gone to the people on the other side of the pond

I hate the idea of people killing other people but at least we could of reaped some of the cost

Return to “LATEST NEWS”